Clinical Research Clerk (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Research and teaching
Temporary part time
$18.29 – $27.43 /Hour
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS).
We are recruiting a Clinical Research Clerk to join the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Montreal Children’s Hospital. Our emergency department cares for sick and injured children, while conducting research projects to improve care and patient experience. Under the supervision of the Director of Research, we are looking for a motivated, organized and enthusiastic person to join our dynamic team.
More specifically, the clerk will be responsible for approaching families to participate in clinical research, performing telephone follow-up of participants, entering data into databases and controlling the quality of data obtained from various primary sources (medical records, questionnaires, administrative data, laboratory data).
• Recruitment of participants for clinical studies (administer informed consent, questionnaires),
• Responsible for data collection (demographic data, structured interviews with questionnaires, assessment data from the doctor),
• Database maintenance (data entry and verification),
• Participate in relevant meetings in order to increase their knowledge and understanding of studies,
• Perform other administrative tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor,
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field would be an asset,
• Proficiency with MS-Excel and MS-Word,
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and quality, respect for confidentiality,
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team,
• Excellent proficiency in French and English, spoken and written is essential,
Status: Temporary, part-time for 1 year (possibility for renewal depending on funds available)
Pay Scale: Commensurate to qualifications and experience, between
$18.29/hour to $27.43/hour
Work Shift: From 2 pm to 10 pm, (21-28 hours per week, including 1 weekend day)
Work Site: MUHC, Glen site (1001 Decarie Blvd, Montreal)
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.