Clinical research assistant (maternity leave replacement) (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
5252 DE MAISONNEUVE
Research and teaching
Temporary part time
$26.00 – $48.29 /Hour
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS).
CHILD-BRIGHT, a national Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research network in childhood disability, is searching for a multicenter research assistant. Under the direction of the project leads and the nominated principal investigator, the candidate will support, facilitate and coordinate the daily multicenter clinical research project activities and will play a critical role in the conduct of the study across 4 provinces in Canada.
• Oversees daily research project activities across 4 provincial sites,
• Coordinates with the project leads (PL), co-investigators and other research team members to ensure that the research project is performed in accordance with federal, institutional and agency regulations, policies and procedures,
• Oversees and supports research activities and engagement of parent advisory group across 4 provincial sites,
Education / Experience
Education: Master’s Degree
Field of Study: rehabilitation sciences, psychology, nursing, cognitive sciences or a related subject
Work Experience: at least 2 years of experience in clinical research. Experience with multicenter research coordination, Implementation Science and the CHILD-BRIGHT Network is an asset.
Professional Membership: ☐ Yes ☒ No
• Demonstrated superior ability in writing and communication skills,
• Fluent in French and English, spoken and written,
• Superior computer skills including a facility with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, desktop publishing as well as a familiarity with medical databases and information retrieval,
• Experience using statistical analysis software, such as SPSS Statistics, an asset,
• Experience using NVivo, an asset,
• Knowledge and experience in the health sector and familiarity with research and research environments,
• Ability to lead and manage a team in an environment with multiple priorities,
• Good organization and problem-solving skills,
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines,
Status: Temporary Part-Time
If temporary part-time is selected, please specify the number of hours per workweek: 16 hour (0.4 FTE), 1-year maximum maternity leave coverage
Pay Scale: $26.00 – $48.29
Work Shift: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 2 days per week
Work Site: 5252 de Maisonneuve
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.