Provincial Health Services Authority
BC Most cancers
The Scientific Pharmacist performs further procedures for almost all of time in a specialised oncology observe. Duties embody offering individualization of drug remedy using affected person data to develop therapeutic plans, offering in-service training to different well being care professionals throughout the Company, offering drug data to sufferers, physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals each inside and exterior to the Company and offering instruction/supervision to pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents. The Scientific Pharmacist additionally prepares and dispenses treatment and different prescribed drugs.
What you may do
- Present individualization of drug remedy to sufferers by way of strategies akin to receiving affected person charts, assessing scientific response by way of affected person contact and collaboration with different well being care suppliers and creating an individualized therapeutic plan.
- Work together with sufferers and the well being care group to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to develop therapeutic plans by way of strategies akin to growing discharge plans for inpatients and medicine calendars for outpatients, helping, as a part of the care group, with the formulation of a therapeutic plan for using supportive care medicines and assessing affected person comprehension of that plan, answering affected person’s questions and helping with formulation of a therapeutic plan for using various and complementary remedies, and monitoring of affected person compliance with therapeutic plans.
- Put together and dispense medicines and different pharmaceutical provides to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to make sure practices and requirements are in accordance with related federal and provincial laws.
- Present verbal and written drug data to physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals throughout the Company, to the lay public, pharmacists and different well being care professionals exterior to the Company and to sufferers by way of individualized counselling.
- Help, as a part of the care group, with the supply and/or monetary help of non-BCCA profit medicines required to optimize the therapeutic plan by way of strategies akin to offering data and interacting with sufferers, well being care suppliers and representatives from exterior businesses concerning choices akin to compassionate launch packages or acquiring monetary help by way of emergency help.
- Present instruction and/or supervision of pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents by way of strategies akin to mentoring.
What you deliver
- Bachelor’s Diploma in Pharmacy with present registration as a Licensed Pharmacist with the School of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
- One (1) 12 months of latest associated expertise or an equal mixture of training, coaching and expertise.
You even have:
- Data and competency in aseptic methods, use of organic security cupboards, procedures for protected dealing with of cytotoxic medicine, methods for drug data provision and demanding evaluation of medical/paramedical literature, and techniques for individualizing drug remedy in sufferers.
- Demonstrated skill to arrange work and work independently.
- Dedication to upholding the shared duty of making lasting and significant reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Data of social, financial, political and historic realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Security and anti-racism and accompanying reviews (BC DRIPA, TRC, and so on.).
What we deliver
Each PHSA worker allows the absolute best affected person take care of our sufferers and their households. Whether or not you might be offering direct care, conducting analysis, or making it potential for others to do their work, you impression the lives of British Columbians as we speak and sooner or later. That’s why we’re targeted in your care too – providing well being, wellness, improvement packages to help you – at work and at residence.
- Be part of one among BC’s largest employers with province-wide packages, companies and operations – providing huge alternatives for progress, improvement, and recognition packages that honour the dedication and contribution of all staff.
- Entry to skilled improvement alternatives by way of our in-house coaching packages, together with +2,000 programs, akin to our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Security Coaching course, or Core Linx for Management roles.
- PHSA is a distant work pleasant employer, welcoming versatile work choices to help our folks (eligibility might range, relying on place).
- Entry to WorkPerks, a premium low cost program providing a variety of native and nationwide reductions on electronics, leisure, eating, journey, wellness, attire, and extra.
Job Kind: Informal
Wage: $49.87 to $62.32 per hour
Location: 13750 96 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V 1Z2
Hours of labor: Mon – Fri; 0630-1430/0700-1500/0800-1600/0830-1630/0900-1700/1000-1800 or as operationally required.
Requisition quantity: CAS-154779E
As per the present Public Well being Order, full vaccination in opposition to COVID-19 is a situation of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Most cancers supplies complete most cancers management for the folks of British Columbia.
BC Most cancers is a part of the Provincial Well being Providers Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Well being Providers Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialised well being companies with the BC well being authorities to offer equitable and cost-effective well being take care of folks all through the province. Our values replicate our dedication to excellence and embody: Respect folks – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Domesticate partnerships – Serve with goal.
Study extra about PHSA and our packages: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Most cancers are dedicated to employment fairness, encouraging all certified people to use. We acknowledge that our skill to offer the most effective take care of our numerous affected person populations depends on a wealthy range of abilities, information, background and expertise, and worth a protected, inclusive and welcoming setting.
Reconciliation is an ongoing course of and a shared duty for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a major step ahead on this journey—one that each one well being authorities are anticipated to help as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to determine a transparent and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing dedication to work with Indigenous Peoples as they transfer towards self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown businesses should stay targeted on creating alternatives that implement the Fact and Reconciliation Fee Mandate.
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this posting.