Provincial Health Services Authority
BC Most cancers
Prince George, BC
The Scientific Pharmacist performs further procedures for almost all of time in a specialised oncology observe. Duties embody offering individualization of drug remedy using affected person info to develop therapeutic plans, offering in-service schooling to different well being care professionals inside the Company, offering drug info to sufferers, physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals each inside and exterior to the Company and offering instruction/supervision to pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents. The Scientific Pharmacist additionally prepares and dispenses treatment and different prescription drugs.
What you will do
- Present individualization of drug remedy to sufferers by way of strategies reminiscent of receiving affected person charts, assessing scientific response by way of affected person contact and collaboration with different well being care suppliers and creating an individualized therapeutic plan.
- Work together with sufferers and the well being care staff to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to develop therapeutic plans by way of strategies reminiscent of growing discharge plans for inpatients and drugs calendars for outpatients, helping, as a part of the care staff, with the formulation of a therapeutic plan for using supportive care drugs and assessing affected person comprehension of that plan, answering affected person’s questions and helping with formulation of a therapeutic plan for using various and complementary therapies, and monitoring of affected person compliance with therapeutic plans.
- Put together and dispense drugs and different pharmaceutical provides to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to make sure practices and requirements are in accordance with related federal and provincial laws.
- Present verbal and written drug info to physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals inside the Company, to the lay public, pharmacists and different well being care professionals exterior to the Company and to sufferers by way of individualized counselling.
- Help, as a part of the care staff, with the supply and/or monetary assist of non-BCCA profit drugs required to optimize the therapeutic plan by way of strategies reminiscent of offering info and interacting with sufferers, well being care suppliers and representatives from exterior businesses relating to choices reminiscent of compassionate launch applications or acquiring monetary assist by way of emergency help.
- Present instruction and/or supervision of pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents by way of strategies reminiscent of mentoring.
What you deliver
- Bachelor’s Diploma in Pharmacy with present registration as a Licensed Pharmacist with the Faculty of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
- One (1) yr of latest associated expertise or an equal mixture of schooling, coaching and expertise.
You even have:
- Information and competency in aseptic methods, use of organic security cupboards, procedures for protected dealing with of cytotoxic medicine, methods for drug info provision and significant evaluation of medical/paramedical literature, and methods for individualizing drug remedy in sufferers.
- Demonstrated skill to prepare work and work independently.
- Demonstrated skill to determine and keep efficient working relationships with others.
- Demonstrated skill to speak successfully each verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated bodily skill to carry out the duties of the place.
- Demonstrated skill to function associated tools.
- Consciousness of and dedication to studying and understanding the Reality & Reconciliation Fee’s 94 Calls to Motion (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and different associated reviews.
- Dedication to upholding the shared duty of making lasting and significant reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Information of social, financial, political and historic realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Security and anti-racism and accompanying reviews (BC DRIPA, TRC, and many others.).
What we deliver
Each PHSA worker allows the very best affected person look after our sufferers and their households. Whether or not you’re offering direct care, conducting analysis, or making it attainable for others to do their work, you influence the lives of British Columbians right now and sooner or later. That’s why we’re centered in your care too – providing well being, wellness, improvement applications to assist you – at work and at residence.
- Be part of certainly one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide applications, providers and operations – providing huge alternatives for progress, improvement, and recognition applications that honour the dedication and contribution of all staff.
- Entry to skilled improvement alternatives by way of our in-house coaching applications, together with +2,000 programs, reminiscent of our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Security Coaching course, or Core Linx for Management roles.
- PHSA is a distant work pleasant employer, welcoming versatile work choices to assist our folks (eligibility could differ, relying on place).
- Entry to WorkPerks, a premium low cost program providing a variety of native and nationwide reductions on electronics, leisure, eating, journey, wellness, attire, and extra.
Job Sort: Informal
Wage: $49.87 to $62.32 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Road, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Hours of labor: Monday to Friday; 0730 – 1530, 0800 – 1600, 0830 – 1630, or as operations require
Requisition quantity: 126990
As per the present Public Well being Order, full vaccination towards COVID-19 is a situation of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Most cancers supplies complete most cancers management for the folks of British Columbia.
BC Most cancers is a part of the Provincial Well being Providers Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialised well being providers with the BC well being authorities to supply equitable and cost-effective well being look after folks all through the province. Our values replicate our dedication to excellence and embody: Respect folks – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Domesticate partnerships – Serve with function.
Be taught extra about PHSA and our applications: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Most cancers are dedicated to employment fairness, encouraging all certified people to use. We acknowledge that our skill to supply one of the best look after our numerous affected person populations depends on a wealthy variety of abilities, information, background and expertise, and worth a protected, inclusive and welcoming setting.
Reconciliation is an ongoing course of and a shared duty for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a big step ahead on this journey—one that each one well being authorities are anticipated to assist as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to determine a transparent and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing dedication to work with Indigenous Peoples as they transfer towards self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown businesses should stay centered on creating alternatives that implement the Reality and Reconciliation Fee Mandate.
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this posting.