Provincial Health Services Authority
BC Most cancers
The Scientific Pharmacist performs further procedures for almost all of time in a specialised oncology apply. Duties embody offering individualization of drug remedy using affected person info to develop therapeutic plans, offering in-service schooling to different well being care professionals throughout the Company, offering drug info to sufferers, physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals each inner and exterior to the Company and offering instruction/supervision to pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents. The Scientific Pharmacist additionally prepares and dispenses treatment and different prescribed drugs.
What you will do
- Present individualization of drug remedy to sufferers by strategies similar to receiving affected person charts, assessing medical response by affected person contact and collaboration with different well being care suppliers and creating an individualized therapeutic plan.
- Work together with sufferers and the well being care crew to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to develop therapeutic plans by strategies similar to creating discharge plans for inpatients and medicine calendars for outpatients, helping, as a part of the care crew, with the formulation of a therapeutic plan for the usage of supportive care medicines and assessing affected person comprehension of that plan, answering affected person’s questions and helping with formulation of a therapeutic plan for the usage of different and complementary remedies, and monitoring of affected person compliance with therapeutic plans.
- Put together and dispense medicines and different pharmaceutical provides to make sure acceptable treatment remedy and to make sure practices and requirements are in accordance with related federal and provincial laws.
- Present verbal and written drug info to physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals throughout the Company, to the lay public, pharmacists and different well being care professionals exterior to the Company and to sufferers by individualized counselling.
- Help, as a part of the care crew, with the supply and/or monetary help of non-BCCA profit medicines required to optimize the therapeutic plan by strategies similar to offering info and interacting with sufferers, well being care suppliers and representatives from outdoors companies relating to choices similar to compassionate launch packages or acquiring monetary help by emergency assist.
- Present instruction and/or supervision of pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents by strategies similar to mentoring.
What you carry
- Bachelor’s Diploma in Pharmacy with present registration as a Licensed Pharmacist with the School of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
- One (1) 12 months of current associated expertise or an equal mixture of schooling, coaching and expertise.
You even have:
- Data and competency in aseptic methods, use of organic security cupboards, procedures for secure dealing with of cytotoxic medicine, methods for drug info provision and important evaluation of medical/paramedical literature, and techniques for individualizing drug remedy in sufferers.
- Demonstrated capacity to arrange work and work independently.
- Dedication to upholding the shared accountability of making lasting and significant reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Data of social, financial, political and historic realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Security and anti-racism and accompanying stories (BC DRIPA, TRC, and so on.).
What we carry
Each PHSA worker allows the absolute best affected person look after our sufferers and their households. Whether or not you’re offering direct care, conducting analysis, or making it attainable for others to do their work, you affect the lives of British Columbians at this time and sooner or later. That’s why we’re targeted in your care too – providing well being, wellness, improvement packages to help you – at work and at house.
- Be part of one in all BC’s largest employers with province-wide packages, companies and operations – providing huge alternatives for progress, improvement, and recognition packages that honour the dedication and contribution of all workers.
- Entry to skilled improvement alternatives by our in-house coaching packages, together with +2,000 programs, similar to our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Security Coaching course, or Core Linx for Management roles.
- Take pleasure in a complete advantages package deal, together with municipal pension plan, and psychological well being & security packages and holistic wellness assets.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with beneficiant trip entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a distant work pleasant employer, welcoming versatile work choices to help our folks (eligibility might range, relying on place).
- Entry to WorkPerks, a premium low cost program providing a variety of native and nationwide reductions on electronics, leisure, eating, journey, wellness, attire, and extra.
Job Kind: Common, Full-Time
Wage: $49.87 to $62.32 per hour
Location: 399 Royal Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5L3
Hours of labor: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600/0830-1630/0900-1700/0930-1730
Requisition quantity: 155889E
As per the present Public Well being Order, full vaccination towards COVID-19 is a situation of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Most cancers gives complete most cancers management for the folks of British Columbia.
BC Most cancers is a part of the Provincial Well being Companies Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Well being Companies Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialised well being companies with the BC well being authorities to supply equitable and cost-effective well being look after folks all through the province. Our values replicate our dedication to excellence and embody: Respect folks – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Domesticate partnerships – Serve with objective.
Study extra about PHSA and our packages: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Most cancers are dedicated to employment fairness, encouraging all certified people to use. We acknowledge that our capacity to supply the perfect look after our numerous affected person populations depends on a wealthy variety of abilities, information, background and expertise, and worth a secure, inclusive and welcoming setting.
Reconciliation is an ongoing course of and a shared accountability for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a big step ahead on this journey—one that each one well being authorities are anticipated to help as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to ascertain a transparent and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing dedication to work with Indigenous Peoples as they transfer towards self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown companies should stay targeted on creating alternatives that implement the Reality and Reconciliation Fee Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Staff:
To be thought-about as a PHSA worker (inner applicant) for this place, it’s essential to apply on-line by way of your inner profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please observe the inner job posting will now not be accessible after the expiry date of November 27, 2023. If the inner job posting has expired, please contact the Inside Jobs Assist Desk and advise that you simply want to be thought-about as a late inner applicant for this place. Please don’t apply for the exterior job posting.
When you’ve got not registered your inner profile, a password is required to log in for the primary time. To acquire your password, please contact the Inside Jobs Assist Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please observe common enterprise hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outdoors of standard enterprise hours, please e-mail the Inside Jobs Assist Desk at [email protected] and a Assist Desk Consultant will contact you the following enterprise day.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this posting.