Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
A member of a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities and R&D experiments at the CRL site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of HVAC, civil, building and outdoor services, architectural and structural design.
- Guiding the work of several technologists, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality and time requirements;
- Providing mentorship and technical oversight to junior technologists;
- Checking the work of junior staff and providing guidance;
- Preparation of engineering drawings and related documents for HVAC, civil, building and outdoor services, architectural, and/or structural design;
- Preparation and revision to CADD drawings using AutoCAD and Revit;
- Revision to hand drawings;
- Conducting walk downs to support, troubleshoot and make revisions to HVAC, civil, building and outdoor services, architectural, and/or structural designs;
- Updating the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) or the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) documentation for equipment on Instrument, Valve or Equipment lists;
- Identifying and requesting additional resources required to complete assigned work on schedule;
- Provide support in the preparation of as-built drawings
- Effectively managing multiple tasks/assignments.
- Graduation from a recognized institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education and has more than 6 years of relevant technological experience.
- Secondary School graduation diploma or equivalent and has more than 10 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in experience, additional education and/or training.
Abilities and Skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge of design drafting technique and practice;
- Must be capable of producing neat, legible, and accurate drawings in reasonable time;
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication is required. The successful candidate must be fluent in English and able to follow and implement complex procedures;
- Initiative, motivation, and good people skills to work with peers as well as both internal and external customers in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge
- Working with minimal supervision;
- Solving and/or providing recommendations for technical issues;
- Interpreting marked up drawings.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Chalk River Laboratories site is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. As an organization, CNL recognizes and appreciates their historic connection to this place. CNL also recognizes the contributions that First Nations, Métis, Inuit and other Indigenous Peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community in particular, and this province and country as a whole
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.