BERYL Mining Services Ltd.
Civil / Enviro / Data TECHNICIANS – FIFO (Fly-In / Fly-Out)
We are very excited for these new opportunities! Beryl Mining Services will be expanding our team at a major operating mine facility, starting in Q1 2023. The successful candidates will be working on-site with a team of technicians performing various field monitoring tasks.
We are seeking multiple candidates, who can perform routine geotechnical performance monitoring, environmental monitoring, and/or climate station monitoring and data management activities at a major mine site in Fort McMurray.
We are actively seeking candidates that could work in Fort McMurray, AB., that would operate on a Fly-In / Fly-Out basis (FIFO). Schedule roster would be negotiable. FIFO candidates would be transported from either Calgary, AB. airport, or Edmonton, AB. airport.
The ideal candidates would have:
- · 4 to 7+ years of relevant field experience in oil sands or field monitoring;
- · Educational background in civil technology, geotechnical engineering, environmental studies, or geology;
- · Familiarity with datalogging hardware, software, and a basic understanding of instrument automation and modem/radio communications is an asset.
The scale of the role will be fit to the candidate’s experience. Due to the site-based nature of these positions, preference will be given to Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo MD-based candidates. The work schedule will be a 12-hour day shift, on a 4-week recurring shift rotation.
There will be on-going training and development. We are look for candidates that are willing to learn and grow into long-term employees. We have a history of training and mentoring our employees to ensure their success.
Routine responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- · Daily line-up and scheduling with Supervisors and Senior Technicians
- · Manual reading and maintenance of field instrumentation (either geotechnical, environmental, or climate station)
- · Excavation and repair/extension of cables and casings of instruments
- · Downloading, maintenance, and troubleshooting of automated data loggers, communication/telemetry hardware, and resolving any identified issues for hardware and software.
— Training will be provided, as required
- · Daily data management tasks, including uploading field data to their respective databases
- · Collection of water level and flow rate readings from depressurization networks and/or environmental monitoring wells
- · Communicating with manufacturers to resolve equipment issues, as required
- · Visual monitoring and follow-up reporting of:
- — Identifying geotechnical hazards that can threaten dam safety
- — Use of Survey equipment to complete as-built measurements and track modifications of instruments, as required
- · Environmental sampling and monitoring of air, dust, soil, drainage, and snow
- · Provide annual report to summarize field activities, station conditions, field sheet copies, trip reports, and suggested improvements; as required
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications
- · Cross-shift reporting
- · Consistent, clear, and safe communications with area Supervisors
- · Participate and engage in all required safety meetings
- · Carry and use a cell phone and Mine Radio
- · Field access via:
— Light-duty truck
— On foot
- · End-of-shift submission of Labour, Equipment, and Materials Sheet (LEMS) to supervisor
- · Must be able to read, understand and follow guidelines, procedures, instructions accurately and safely
- · Experience with Health and Safety procedures and policies
- · Skilled in data interpretation; analysis and correlation
- · Ability to work independently as well as in a small team setting;
- and foster effective working relationships with their peers
- · Previous experience in Oil Sands operations will be an asset.
- · Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will
- be considered.
- ·This position will require successful completion of background reference checks as well as education and credentials verification
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, useand necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during theapplication and selection process.
BERYL Job # 2023-07FS-VT
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Do you have a valid drivers license?
- oil sands: 2 years (preferred)
- English (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.