Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network in beautiful New Brunswick is seeking a Chief Engineer/Energy Coordinator to join our team in Moncton! This is a FULL TIME PERMANENT position.
This is the life-changing opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) is actively recruiting a Chief Engineer/Energy Coordinator to join our team at the Moncton Hospital.
As a Chief Engineer/Energy Coordinator, you will be responsible for the HVAC control and energy tracking computer system, with the goal of minimizing energy consumption and related maintenance work while maintaining a comfortable and safe health care environment.
Specific duties include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Boiler Plant
- Supervising staff in the Boiler Plant
- Monitoring energy consumption on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Providing monthly reports to Facilities, Engineering and Property Management Manager/Director
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies
- Recommending policy/procedure and system changes to decrease energy consumption
- Promoting effective energy standardization throughout Moncton area Horizon facilities by actively interacting with each facility’s staff
- Carrying out special assignments as directed by the Manager/Director of Facilities, Engineering and Property Management
- Managing software and equipment upgrades for building control systems
- Reviewing and recommending maintenance supply and equipment purchases
- Reviewing and recommending energy purchase agreements regarding energy fuel selection.
Why you should work here
Working for Horizon gives you flexibility in your career, an east coast lifestyle and the chance to make a big difference in the lives of New Brunswickers.
Horizon is an equal opportunity employer that values and recognizes your contributions, is dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction, has competitive pay, and benefits, and offers many opportunities for professional growth. The salary range for this position is $53,456 to $74,776 per year (Pay Band 4).
As a Horizon employee, you will benefit from engagement programs like Years of Service and our Bravo! recognition programs. You will also see a commitment to your well-being through our safe and respectful workplace programs that include safety initiatives, workplace violence prevention, and employee wellness services.
Who you are
You possess a valid 2nd class power engineer’s license in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act, and are certified by the New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (NBSCETT) and/or by the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET). You have at least 5 years of related experience. You have written and spoken competence in English.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Interested? Apply Today!
To learn more about Horizon’s career opportunities, visit our career site at https://myhorizoncareer.ca/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $53,456.00-$74,776.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.