International Development Research Centre
Our employment opportunity of the moment: Casual Worker – Policy and Evaluation
If you are looking for a career opportunity, want to give meaning to your professional achievements and contribute to making the world a better place by playing a part in international development, and are passionate about policy and strategy, then the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is the place for you!
IDRC is home to people who share a passion for international development research. We look for employees who believe that knowledge and innovation can help solve the world’s most critical challenges.
Come join our team and help us build a more sustainable and inclusive world!
Division: Policy and Evaluation
Location (*Hybrid Mode): Ottawa, Ontario
Take a minute to see if:
- A Masters degree in a relevant social science discipline such as public administration, international affairs, international development, political science, or economics.
- A proficiency in English reading writing and speaking. A proficiency in French reading, writing and speaking.
- Policy and strategy work experience such as participation in policy research, analysis, preparation of reports within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of issues and trends in international development and Canadian international development policy.
- A confident communicator with strong research, analytical and writing skills.
- Accomplished at setting goals and organizing your own work.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and sound judgement
- A team player within a multidisciplinary group of people from diverse cultures.
You are interested in:
- Gathering and synthesizing information on IDRC’s work for reports, presentations, and briefings.
- Conducting research and analysis on Canadian foreign policy, development issues and priorities, and for evaluation studies.
- Assisting in the organization and support of meetings and other events.
- Joining an organization that values and models diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Then we are interested in your profile!
At IDRC, we support your professional development
As a result of this process, the Centre may establish a pool of pre-qualified candidates for future permanent and term opportunities.
- Hybrid Mode: Have the flexibility to work in hybrid mode (3 days out of 10 in the office).
We appreciate your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The International Development Research Centre is committed to creating and fostering a respectful, diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture that reflects the people’s lives we impact and the Canadian community we work within, where everyone can truly be themselves. We welcome Indigenous peoples and persons from all races, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, as well as persons with physical or mental disabilities to be part of our team.
We strive to ensure barrier-free selection processes. If you are contacted regarding a career opportunity, testing or interview, please advise the People and Corporate Culture Division representative of the accommodation measures that must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Who can apply? Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.