Laframboise Construction Inc.
LAFRAMBOISE CONSTRUCTION seeking a full-time Carpenters and Site Supervisor to oversee projects. Working closely with architects, project managers, sub-trades, structural engineering, and the client to ensure the project is completed on time and on budget. Our ideal candidate is proactive and detail orientated. We are very team oriented company.
- Supervise, coordinate, and plan activities of site personnel, sub-trades, and other contractors.
- Assist in determining the method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, and work schedule, and document actual hours worked.
- Experience with scheduling site logistics, providing clear direction to trades and labourers.
- Ensure that drawings and specifications are being properly followed to a high standard of quality.
- Enforce Health and Safety Policy, and ensure all personnel attending the site have had proper safety orientation and support
- Reporting to project managers on project progress and addressing any project concerns
- Closing off projects in a timely manner by ensuring that all deficiencies are addressed
- Be highly organized and efficient in keeping daily schedules current
- Maintain a clean and organized job site
- Follow and adhere to Occupational Health & Safety Act, as well as company Health & Safety & Employee Policies
- Ensure all required inspections, materials, equipment and support personnel activities are coordinated with project schedule.
- Attend daily/weekly site meeting as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in construction
- Have a valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle with Valid Auto Insurance, and the ability to travel to multiple job sites throughout Kingston and surrounding areas.
- Strong communication and time management skills. Able to handle a wide variety of tasks and demands
- Trade skills such as rough/finish carpentry, framing, drywalling, etc. are considered an asset
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal building codes and Ontario health and safety regulations
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, details, and specifications
- Have a valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle with Valid Auto Insurance, and the ability to travel to multiple job sites.
- Basic knowledge of: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)
- G (Preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.