Profound Medical|Profound Medical
Capital Equipment Technician Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Capital Equipment Technician in our company, Profound Medical. This vacancy is based in Mississauga ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Capital Equipment Technician Job
Company: Profound Medical
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Mississauga ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-27
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Capital Equipment Technician Job Detail
Our mission is to Profoundly change the standard of care by creating a tomorrow where clinicians can confidently ablate tissue with precision; a tomorrow where patients have access to safe and effective treatment options, so they can quickly return to their daily lives. Changing the standard of care is part of our fabric. We are a group of energetic, problem-solvers focused on innovation, and looking to change the world. We are changing the paradigm for treating diseases such as prostate cancer by using real-time MR Imaging, thermal ultrasound and close-loop temperature feedback control, to gently ablate the diseased tissue with minimal side effects.
If you share our values and want to work in a collaborative results focused culture and want to make a Profound impact in healthcare and your career, here is your chance.
Profound Medical assembles its medical device capital equipment in house. The Capital Equipment Technician will be heavily involved in this activity, as well as the supporting the receiving and diagnosing of returned product for repair or complaint resolution.
The Capital Equipment Technician is responsible for building, testing and documenting sub-assemblies and top level systems for Production. S/he works with Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure product is produced on time and according to specifications. The Capital Equipment Technician is also responsible for ensuring all equipment and test fixtures are calibrated on schedule, and that raw materials are stored safely, properly, and clearly identified.
S/he acts as an incoming inspector as needed to support the business, can also serve as a receiver and inventory clerk for all production goods into and out of the Company. On occasion, this will include supporting the receiving and inspection of returned product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble mechanical components, integrate electrical components, test and document all systems and sub-systems for production use by Customers.
- Ensure all product is built and tested according to the documented procedures, and all forms are completed correctly.
- Receive and inspect incoming materials for workmanship standard, and quality compliance
- Perform final integration and testing of systems based on instructions, as well as hi-pot and leakage testing of systems before final shipping.
- Supporting the receiving of returned product, verifying and investigating the product, and determination of repair costs. Depending on the component and value, will be supporting the refurbishment of the product for future service requirements.
- Support Lean and Health and Safety Initiatives.
- Provide support and feedback to quality and manufacturing engineering
- Contribute to a positive, high-performance team environment
- Assist in establishing control and calibration procedures and protocols for tooling, automation, and test equipment to ensure that procedures and protocols are followed within manufacturing to deliver a quality product
- Assist in establishing process control points in the manufacturing process and establish testing requirements and procedures; develop and ensure maintenance of statistical controls
- Support any other initiatives or projects as requested
- Post Secondary diploma required.
- University or college degree in a technical area such as Electronics /Electro-Mechanical Technology or Engineering with Electronics background preferred.
Key Attributes (experience, skills and technical knowledge)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience in a regulated environment (ISO 9001), preferably in the medical device industry (ISO 13485)
- Exposure to electronic measurement and test equipment such as oscilloscope, network analyzer, function generator, hi-pot and leakage tester.
- Ability to use common shop tools
- Exposure to use of common mechanical measuring equipment
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal technical communications skills
- Detail-orientated, highly motivated, patient and diligent
- Able to work well in teams and independently
- Experience working with MR compatible devices and therapeutic ultrasound devices is an asset
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
We thank you for your interest in Profound Medical. Please note only candidates that are short-listed will be contacted.
We strive to promote diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.