University of Windsor
SHIFT: Rotating 12-hour shifts
The University is seeking an energetic individual to work within a team of pro-active crime prevention, security and community service-oriented officers.
- Completed secondary school education or its equivalent and must be eligible for Special Constable status (
- Related work experience as well as a working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and pertinent Provincial and Federal legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly as they relate to the candidate’s ability to interact with a diverse student, staff, faculty and community population.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO POSSESS:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate
- Valid C.P.R. Certificate (Basic Rescuer Level)
- Ability to pass a background check, medical examination, psychological examination and receive a police clearance report
- An OACP Certificate is required (or equivalent as determined by the Director) for employment consideration
- A University degree or post-secondary education in the field of law and security
- Ontario Police College education is also considered a valuable asset in application, as well as past work experience in security/police setting
- Knowledge of computers, record management systems and emergency radio systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.03 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.