Canadian Fiber Optics Corp.
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
A Cable Placing Technician will be responsible for safely pulling fiber optic cable in underground conduit structures. We’re looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12 hour days in various weather conditions. Schedule is 21 on, 7 off. Subject to change
· Safeguard people, property, and environment by following legislation and HS&E program.
· Inspect and maintain equipment regularly including preventative maintenance.
· Operate motorized vehicle and trailer.
· Properly secure and transport equipment to a work site and safely off-load.
· Pull cable through conduit and ducting with the use of equipment or by hand.
· Perform labor tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment, including site clean-up.
· Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment.
· Work under the direction of the supervisor.
· Preform other duties as required and/or assigned.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Class 5 driver’s license
· Some experience operating placing fiber optic cable
· Some experience with cable Jetter’s is an asset
· Mechanically inclined
· Ability to manage a physically demanding job that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces as well as the ability to travel for work.
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to learn and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Are you willing to travel to site for work?
Are you able to work a 21 on, 7 off schedule?
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.