HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Business Planning & Analysis Manager
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be an integral part of the Business Analytics/Finance team and acts as a key business partner. Through a combination of sales forecasting/modeling skills, a strong understanding of business practices and a keen awareness of the strategic implications of investment decisions, this team member adds value to the business management process. By leading and participating in the decision making process that optimizes the sales forecasting plans of the organization, this role helps in the shaping of Amgen’s future.
Key Job Functions:
- Work closely with key internal business partners in forecasting of commercial sales for Long Range Plans, Budgets and Forecast for marketed brands as well as pipelines products
- Hands-on development and maintenance of sales forecast models for various brands, including patient models for key brands
- Develop a strong understanding of trends in the external environment (including competitive influences) and incorporate this learning into sales forecasts and models to assess strategic alternatives and long range plans.
- Use data analytics to help distil insights that add rigour to the forecast process and improved profitability.
- Ensure gross sales and gross-to-net discount items are properly accounted for in forecasts and in financial records, including payors and customer rebates
- Develop guardrails on forecast scenarios to take into consideration uncertainties in external environment and market events
- Support internal business partners in development of business cases to capitalize on business growth potential
- Co-ordinate and work closely with members in ACCP (Amgen Capability Center in Portugal) on a daily basis who provide modelling support to the forecast exercise and other business initiatives
- Promote cross-functional teamwork and innovation with all functional areas to optimize marketing and sales contributions to the overall business.
- Continually look for improvement and automation opportunities to streamline forecasting exercises
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Bachelors degree in Finance
- 3+ years business analysis, forecasting and modeling experience
- 3+ years experience in Biotech or Pharma
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines
- Intermediate/ Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Experience in Tableau
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Plans that are aligned with local industry standards.
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.