University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
The University of Manitoba Financial Services is looking for a Business Officer. This position will manage the budget of and support the day-to-day activities within Financial Services. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Comptroller and will be one of the primary advisors who will identify budget challenges and propose solutions to the Financial Services Management team.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- University Degree, major in accounting or related field required.
- Accounting Training required.
- Accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent experience required.
- Three (3) years of experience developing and managing budgets required.
- Experience preparing financial projections required.
- Experience working in a college or university environment would be an asset.
- Experience with UM Plan and other University software would be an asset.
- Experience coordinating operating support for a large department or organization would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and other office equipment is essential.
- Ability to develop an excellent working knowledge of the University’s systems, be proficient in technology required.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to understand, organize and communicate financial information required.
- Highly interactive, communication skills with ability to work with others as required.
- High degree of diplomacy required.
- Self-motivation skills required.
- Ability to work with many types of individuals required.
- Ability to perform efficiently under time pressures with a heavy work load to meet strict deadlines required.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment and action required.
- Ability to perform and carry out duties in a confidential and professional manner required.
- Ability to support and enhance teams required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=24218
Closing Date: January 6, 2023
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $59,607.68-$83,450.75 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-06
Expected start date: 2023-01-30
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.