At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a BI Solution Specialist to join our IT team.
This role can be mostly remote, however we will on occasion require you to come onsite to our office at 1111 West Georgia St, Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Solution Specialist is part of the team that will develop, implement, enhance and support our Business Intelligence platform. The BI Solution Specialist will assist with the preparation of various deliverables leading to the development of solutions related to enterprise level management reporting, decision support, and business intelligence. The BI Solution Specialist will work within an agile Delivery Team to assist with the development of Power BI dashboards and reports with the goal of understanding business needs and translating them into a solution or process improvement. This work may be in support of day to day operations or may be related to a project in support of initiatives focusing on information enablement, BI solutions and business process improvement.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Assist with the development of reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytical and automation tools to support corporate BI initiatives
- Assist with the development of the tabular model to ensure it provides accurate and accessible data
- Assist with the analysis of information needs and the delivery of the following artifacts as needed: report mock ups, prototypes, descriptions and recommendations, proof of concepts
- Assist with the continuous improvement efforts of BI Solutions team and its business processes and make recommendations to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide a depth of commitment in response to dynamic priorities with sometimes unpredictable deadlines
- Ensure adherence to data integrity standards and governance
- Ensure compliance to corporate standards, initiatives, policies and agreements
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with business units, partners, and colleagues to ensure project and service requirements are achieved
- Assist with the resolution of operational service requests as per agreed service levels
- Assist with client needs and inform the Manager of any issues at hand
- Understand expectations that were set with client and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery
Your experience and skills:
- A university degree and/or college diploma in computer science, business, information management or a related field
- Minimum 2 years business intelligence analyst/reporting analyst role in IT or a financial services firm. Mutual fund, securities and insurance industry experience is preferred
- Proficient using Power BI, power query and DAX measures to create dashboards and reports
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is a definite asset
- Completion of CBAP or MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) designation an asset
- Proficient in SQL and/or Oracle query writing
- Proficient understanding of Agile methodologies
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $95 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, The Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at 150 credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
This position is posted with an expected salary range of $90,000 – $105,000 CAD annually. Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate and the requirements of the position.