With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
Position Type: You must be in a co-op program to be considered. 8 month term from May 8 – December 22, 2023
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Developer I plays an important role as a supporting member of the Business Intelligence department and the broader employee base of PointClickCare. Customer service and a positive, supportive, personality are essential to the success of this role. This role will provide you the opportunity to gain exposure to some of the core systems and tools that help run our business. You will learn various data transformation and analytical tools such as MS SSIS, MS SSMS, SQL Server, Power BI.
- Engage technology and business leaders to leverage business tools to solve real world business challenges
- Supporting the existing Business Intelligence environment through job trouble shooting
- Documenting existing Business Intelligence configurations
- Designs, prototypes, codes and tests new or enhanced SQL queries
- Performs customer support processes and activities for the implementation of new or existing applications
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of application operations and troubleshoots problems, as necessary
- Learn and be involved in different phases of project plan (Business Requirements to Solution Delivery)
- Evaluating new products and services to judge their suitability for use
- Preliminary research and investigation of software and evaluating new products and services to judge their suitability for use
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Enrolled in a Business, Computers, Engineering, or IT related co-op program
- Motivated learner with the eagerness to work with data
- Exposure in ETL and Data Integration, Data Profiling, Data Modeling
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with SQL Server, SSIS, SSMS, Visual Studio or ETL tools
- MS Office Applications (Excel), Strong Excel experience (macros)
- Workflow design and implementation
- Scripting experience
- Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication
- Critical thinker, problem solver, with the ability to pursue help when required
- Experience composing project documentation (e.g., high level use cases, detailed business specifications)
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact [email protected] should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.