SpeedLine Solutions Inc.
Business Development Representative – Sales – Lead Generation
On Target Earnings potential of $50,000 a year.
Join Us! In our Abbotsford, BC office! – Note: this is not a remote position.
We are a leading tech employer located in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees. At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products. Built on the latest cloud technologies, our products help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed.
- Competitive salary plus Bonus incentives up to $8K per year.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Onsite, digital and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- A dynamic team of 90+ employees with a great balance of longer tenured employees and newer team members, all of whom are excited to offer support and guidance to our new arrivals.
- End of year holiday party with meal and prizes.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, foosball, and rod-hockey.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Free parking, employee Wi-Fi, as well as, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Representative (BDR) is to help expand the company’s customer base by helping to fill the pipeline for the sales team. The BDR is the first point of contact for new business prospects and engages existing customers in additional service opportunities. The BDR will create outreach strategies for new lead generation methods, maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with the sales team, hand-off leads to the appropriate team member as demos are booked, and participate in team strategy meetings.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects, provide initial information, and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward.
- Generate new leads through the creation of outreach strategies, including conducting market research and engaging customers to expand awareness, educate, and request referrals.
- Perform all prospect and customer connections primarily by phone but also email, social and digital media.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities, providing appropriate levels of information for interested prospects.
- Engage with existing customers to generate subscriptions to additional value-add services and products.
- Follow-up on leads generated through existing customers when a new location/franchise is opened.
- Provide a warm transfer to, or schedule appointments and demos for, members of the sales team, once the lead is ready to engage.
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to be introduced to or booked in for a demo with a member of the sales team.
- Support, communicate, and collaborate with the sales team on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts, including contributing to lead generation strategies and ideas during team meetings.
- Ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
- Research generated leads and prepare executive summaries for sales team members ahead of their calls.
- Promote and market SpeedLine business through extensive and persistent cold calling and email communications to prospective clients.
Skills We Require:
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- College or University education in business administration, sales, or marketing will be given preference.
- Minimum of 1-year of previous experience in sales, marketing or telemarketing.
- Previous experience scheduling appointments, demos and introducing leads to the sales rep.
- A detail oriented, self-motivated, tenacious and confident individual who possesses strong communication skills including written, verbal, presentation, active listening, and communication utilizing social media.
- Demonstrate a proven track record for articulating a product/service and building rapport with prospects and customers, presenting a positive attitude and having the ability to cope with rejection.
- Have the ability to pinpoint customer pain points, and accurately assess the transactional value for both the company and the customer.
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving set goals as assigned.
- Available to work a felxible schedule, and have and maintain reliable transportation.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Business Development Representative – Your Name”.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
SpeedLine Solutions cares about the health and wellness of our current and potential employees. We have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized and have all policies in place to help our team remain safe.
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.