Req Id: 405522
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Broadcast Operator
Job Status: Permanent unionized position, Part-time 24h/week (weekends) Montreal
- Operating software, reading and interpreting error messages and broadcast system messages
- Importing playlists and ensuring their integrity as well as the presence of play materials
- Randomly checking the various station reports
- If necessary, ensuring channel broadcasting by an alternative mode of operation
- Properly documenting broadcast anomalies
- Digitizing, transcoding, encoding, importing, classifying and synchronizing video, audio and graphic material
- Performing essential editing operations such as placing credits and supers, editing sound on final program sequences, exporting in various required formats, and compressing
- Ensuring that quality standards are respected
- Managing and updating the archiving system in place and ensuring the proper functioning of equipment and work tools
- Following up on completed projects and freeing up disk space as needed
- Performing data entry in WideOrbit and IBMS
- Assisting editors
- Carrying out any other related tasks
Requirements and Skills Required
- D.C.S. in media arts and technology, audiovisual option or equivalent
- Experience as a broadcast operator (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Premiere and FCP editing software
- Good knowledge of media digitization, transcoding, synchronization and grading
- Excellent knowledge of MAC and WINDOWS platforms
- Knowledge of WideOrbit and IBMS software (an asset)
- Knowledge of service devices: “patches”, monitors, vectors, scopes, TBC, etc.
- Experience in quality control (an asset)
- Sense of responsibility and priorities, resourcefulness, creativity, thoroughness and precision
- Communication skills and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Availability to work flexible hours
Based on the collective agreement in force
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Part time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 11/18/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.