Job Title: Bookkeeper
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Toronto/ Remote
Term: Permanent Part-Time (8-12 hrs/week)
Film Forge is a Toronto-based film production company led by producer Karen Harnisch and producer/director Andrew Cividino. We have a slate of feature film and television projects in development, production and post-production and are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to maintain our financial records and administration.
This role is part-time, approximately 8-12 hours per week, and can be fulfilled remotely with occasional in-person check-ins. Must be in the GTA as the need for in-person hand-off of documents and records may arise.
- Payroll for 1-3 employees
- Invoicing for Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Reconcile accounts, bank and credit card statements
- Expense reports
- HST filings
- Frequent communication with company’s corporate accounting firm
- Fiscal Year End preparation
As storytellers and media producers, equity and representation are important to us. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ individuals of all genders and sexual identities are encouraged to apply.
Detail oriented, organized, proactive and great with time management. We are a small company, wear many hats, and work extremely closely with one another and our frequent collaborators, so excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a positive, committed attitude are essential.
- Minimum 3 years experience in bookkeeping
- Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is an asset
- Highly experienced using Quickbooks
- Comfortable navigating CRA MyBusiness Account
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive and Dropbox
- Experience in Arts, Entertainment or media production a strong asset
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 8-12 per week
Salary: $25.00-$50.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- QuickBooks: 3 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.