Canadian Medical Protective Association
- BILINGUAL COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST – SOCIAL MEDIA
CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
The Communications department provides strategic advice, guides overall messaging and positioning, and provides creative writing, editing, translation and graphic design services. The department also monitors changes in the physician and healthcare environments, proactively identifies risks and emerging issues and works to ensure that CMPA messages and products reflect and respond to the needs of members. In addition, the Communications department is integral in driving and supporting change within the Association.
The Bilingual Communications Analyst – Social Media is an integral member of the Communications department, bringing expertise in copywriting, communication production, coordination of social media content and social media monitoring and listening. Reporting to the Team Lead – Social Media and Marketer, the incumbent serves a primary resource for monitoring the environment, conducting research, and analyzing a wide range of issues of importance to the CMPA. The incumbent provides senior leadership, with concise and essential information on which to make informed decisions often within critical timelines. The Bilingual Communications Analyst – Social Media possesses an in-depth knowledge of media monitoring within the Canadian healthcare environment and develops daily environmental scanning reports in addition to weekly social media content (tweets, LinkedIn posts, etc.), and reports on analytics for all social media channels.
- Develops timely and impactful social media content and contributes to the planning and dissemination of weekly social media and digital content, i.e. monthly eBulletin;
- Serves as a focal point for researching, collecting and synthesizing data and information on complex issues in the external environment in order to identify and analyze risks, trends, and other factors important to the Association;
- Conducts daily in depth media monitoring for issues related to the medico-legal, physician and healthcare environments, and delivers a daily social media monitoring report, highlighting important topics/issues across all social channels/properties;
- Works collaboratively with communications colleagues to ensure appropriate look and feel and consistent branding for social media content;
- Develops maintains, and optimizes content for social media channels, including scheduling posts, checking performance of posts, ensuring posts for key dates and special days are covered, and identifying opportunities for special promotions.
- Provides key support to the planning and development of new CMPA content including promotion of new articles, eBulletin content, and timely messaging as needed. etc.
- Regularly reads all key trade publications to keep up-to-date on healthcare trends and news and other public relations opportunities;
- Conducts quarterly and annual reporting on CMPA social media activities;
- Other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a specialized field (e.g. BA in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field).
- 4-6 years of work experience in communications, with an emphasis on monitoring and analyzing the external environment related to healthcare in both traditional and social media.
- Excellent communications skills in English and in French
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to quality, detail and accuracy;
- Experience with evaluating the effectiveness of communications programs;
- Experience using social media platforms for communication and brand promotion;
- Experience working with Office 365, media monitoring platforms across all channels, Google Analytics, and related software.
- Knowledge of the national political landscape, and how it relates to healthcare is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages, both verbal and written;
- Strong copywriting skills;
- Strong judgement, time management, and organization skills;
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative and good judgement;
- Ability to motivate oneself and exhibit persistence and problem solving skills to ensure high degree of quality and effectiveness;
- Ability to show initiative and maintain high productivity amidst competing priorities and tight timelines.
- Proven ability to work independently, and within a team environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology for the purpose of analysis, reporting, and planning (media monitoring software, Google Analytics).
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and prioritize the most relevant stories to inform senior leadership.
- Knowledge of key social media influencers in the field of healthcare.
- Graphic design skills related to social media an asset.
- Job type: This is a regular full-time opportunity
- Salary range: $57,463 to $80,449 annually- classified as a level 7
- Location: Hybrid – Primary Remote Job. You can work from a home-based office most of the time, with regular on-site presence at the CMPA office (up to 1-2 days per week). If you prefer to work in an office setting as your primary workspace, you can choose to work out of the CMPA’s office located in Ottawa, Ontario near the beautiful Dow’s Lake.
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment
- Application deadline: December 02, 2022 at 4:00pm EST
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,463.00-$80,449.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.