Backend Principal Engineer Gt.School (Remote) – $100000/Year Usd Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Backend Principal Engineer Gt.School (Remote) – $100000/Year Usd in our company, Crossover. This vacancy is based in Remote. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Backend Principal Engineer Gt.School (Remote) – $100000/Year Usd Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Remote
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-03
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Backend Principal Engineer Gt.School (Remote) – $100000/Year Usd Job Detail
Do you have a really high bar when it comes to code quality and software architecture? Are you excited about building software using modern cloud patterns, such as AWS, to dramatically decrease the amount of code you have to write? Do you enjoy iterating fast to get frequent customer feedback and building amazing products? If the answer to all the questions is yes, GT School has a unique role for you!
At gt.school, we’re building a data platform, CoachBot, that helps students learn on their own without the need for a teacher or a tutor. The platform integrates with learning apps that teach various subjects, extracts data about the student’s time and activity, computes advanced analytics on expected student performance, gives the students clear feedback on whether they are meeting expectations or not, and drives behavior by using different motivational techniques (including cash rewards!). The platform is 100% cloud-native and uses patterns such as AWS Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, AppSync, and QuickSight, so you won’t have to worry about having to maintain old code written in outdated technologies.
In this position, your main focus on building this platform. We’re looking for someone passionate about software engineering and architecture that wants to help us build a product that will help change education in a meaningful way.
What you will be doing
- Developing back-end cloud services and implementing data processing algorithms using serverless cloud patterns
- Reviewing code created by other developers against the team quality bar, customer requirements, and regressions
What you will NOT be doing
- Working on minor bug fixes or features on outdated codebases
- Dealing with tedious infrastructure to enable poorly written products to continue running
- Managing people or getting stuck in long meetings discussing roadmaps and priorities
- Writing high-quality, feature-complete, and simple back-end code
- Ensuring all code changes comply with predefined quality standards
- A university degree (BS, MS, or PhD) that included an in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering OR relevant hands-on work experience
- At least 1 year of experience writing production code in TypeScript
- At least 5 years of experience writing production code for software/technology companies
- At least 2 years of experience being the primary technical contributor for a development team OR software product
- At least 1 year of experience developing using AWS cloud patterns
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.