We have a vacancy of Backend Engineer Audiobooks in our company, Spotify. This vacancy is based in Montreal Quebec Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Backend Engineer Audiobooks
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Montreal Quebec Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-11-25
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
At Spotify, our ambition is to bring all the world’s audio to as many people as possible around the world. But as audio has expanded from music to podcasts, audiobooks, and beyond – so has a creator’s ability to monetize and distribute their work. From monthly subscriptions to membership apps, creators are finding new ways to grow their audience – and we want to bring all of this content to Spotify. In the coming years, Spotify will redefine what it means for creators to monetize their work, as well as how listeners discover and gain access to that paid content.
The Audiobooks and Gated Content Vertical is responsible for bringing all the world’s paid audio to Spotify and becoming the ubiquitous destination for its consumption. This is an exciting and impactful new opportunity space for Spotify, and will help craft the platform for years to come. Love podcasts and audiobooks? If you thrive in collaborative, passionate and fast-paced environments, come help us build the future of audio! In this organization, our engineers work across multiple product and technical domains, and everyone is encouraged to T-shape into multiple areas of specialization.
Spotify is looking for a backend engineer to join the Ingestion Pipeline team at Findaway! You will work with our team to improve and evolve our audiobook ingestion infrastructure. You will ensure that publisher ingested audiobook metadata moves through our pipeline and out to Spotify and other distribution partners with speed, quality, visibility and flexibility. Your relentless pursuit of continuous improvement will pay dividends for Spotify and creators for years to come.
What you’ll do
- Develop and deploy data ingestion services with a focus on accuracy, resilience, and efficiency
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are
- You are comfortable writing Python and working with relational or NoSQL databases
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You are pragmatic and work to coalesce requirements into reasonable solutions that provide value.
- You believe in iteration and know that finding the right solution is more important than the first.
- You are detail oriented and believe that edge cases are, in fact, real cases.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours: https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.