University of Toronto
Date Posted: 09/19/2023
Req ID: 34011
Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00055407
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto’s Temerty Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
MedIT provides information technology support for the Temerty Faculty of Medicine. Our mission is to partner and collaborate with clients, University, and third parties to determine value based, sustainable technology solutions that enable the Faculty to achieve its academic mission.
As an AV and Tech Support Specialist, you will play a critical role in assessing and integrating high quality audio-visual solutions and service support to students, faculty, and staff across the Temerty Faculty of Medicine. You will serve as the first point of contact for technical enquiries and solutions, you will be accountable for the technical quality of events, and you will participate in the practical training and support of end-users to ensure efficient and effective use of video conferencing and presentation systems. Drawing upon your strong customer service skills and technological breadth and depth, you will adjust to changing circumstances and adapt to the latest technologies to ensure an optimal learning experience for the Faculty.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting-up and maintaining audio/visual systems, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Coordinating the booking and delivery of classroom audio-visual equipment with contacts.
- Tracking service metrics to inform continuous service improvements.
- Keeping well-informed on current technologies, best practices and industry standards.
- Implementing a rollout plan for new audio-visual technologies.
- Applying established standards when deploying software and hardware including testing and analyzing new/upgraded software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of experience with both PC-based and dedicated videoconferencing, audio-visual, collaboration, and presentation technologies.
- Demonstrated experience supporting existing IP videoconferencing and digital media streaming technologies,as well as web-based collaboration and conference technologies.
- In-depth and demonstrated knowledge with AV technology and ability to keep abreast of developments in AV technology, with a strong emphasis on user experience.
- Experience conducting needs assessments and evaluating new technologies for recommendation.
- Proficiency with industry-standard AV technologies, including video conferencing and web streaming products, gatekeepers, gateways, MCUs, firewall traversal tools, networking and standard communication protocols (like H.323, SIP, and H.264 protocols).
- Comprehensive knowledge of integration AV control systems and Ethernet networking, TCP/IP controls.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, media formats (MPG, QuickTime, PNG, JPG, AIFF), digital media recording and editing tools (Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut), and learning management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Superior organizational and analytical/diagnostic skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, a quick learner with a strong customer service focus and impeccable attention to detail.
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Technical certifications, including Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), Extron AV, or Crestron.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 10/03/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 — $63,720 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $81,485. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Engineering / Technical
Recruiter: Sharon Hung
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.