BMT Group Services Ltd.
BMT Group Services jobsincanada.one Island Hino, is an industry leader in commercial transport vehicle parts, sales & service. We are Vancouver Island’s exclusive dealer for Hino Trucks, Cummins Engines, Alexander Dennis Bus, Spartan Chassis and Denso Parts. Our Commercial Body & Paint department provides our valued customers with experienced technicians to perform high-quality body repairs to restore units to original factory standards.
As a rapidly growing company BMT Group has exciting employment opportunities to help grow your career. We currently are looking for certified “Red Seal” Auto Body and Collision Technician. Successful candidates will join a great team performing high-quality body repairs on both ICBC and private customer vehicles.
What BMT Group brings to the table:
- Competitive wages.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- Secure long-term employment with consistent full-time, year-round work.
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- Virtual and factory training to further advance your skills and career.
- A great work environment.
What you bring to the table:
- Red Seal Autobody & Collision Technician certification with 2 or more years of experience. Experience with heavy-duty commercial vehicles, an asset
- Minimum class 5 drivers license with a clean drivers abstract required (preferred Valid class 3 or 2 driver’s license with air endorsement).
- Must have a complete appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while providing a superior customer service experience.
- Must be able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities and be responsive and flexible to best serve the issue at hand.
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Adhere to provincial, Federal Motor Vehicle Act and OEM best repair procedures.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to weld / fabricate steel and aluminum is an asset
- Proficient with using computer systems for internal communications, repair procedures, as well as for documenting job reports and time clock.
- Per OEM standards, performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Consult with service advisor about status of the vehicle repairs.
- Document all work performed and recommended on a repair order.
- Performs initial teardown of the vehicle
- Repairs damaged body parts and frame repairs
- Performs straightening of differential housings
- Identify parts for cut-in and edging.
- Re-assembles painted vehicles and painted parts
- Complete major repairs within specified times.
- Performs a final quality check and work order review
- Adhere to company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment and recommend improvements for shop safety.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Operate shop equipment safely, report safety issues and recommend maintenance and repairs immediately to management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $42.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Do you have a valid Class 3 driver’s license with airbrake endorsement?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- auto body repair: 2 years (preferred)
- Red Seal Certification (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.