Vancouver Institute of Media Arts (VanArts)
Our Admissions team is looking for a new Associate Advisor focused on India! In this role you will be responsible for the recruitment and admission of new students, promoting VanArts in support of overall enrolment objectives.
6am – 2pm
Telephone and email follow-up:
- Prompt, professional response to all prospective student queries.
- Provide information to students regarding the full range and types of media arts programs offered by VanArts, including a basic understanding of opportunities for post-graduation employment.
- Advise and assist prospective students through the admissions process including entrance requirements, language requirements, and application process. Provide detailed information on housing/financial assistance/student loans/medical/transportation, etc. to prepare students for enrolment and life at VanArts.
In-person promotion of VanArts and our programs:
- Promote, plan and host on-campus visits for prospective students, parents, or institutional partners, conducting campus tours and liaising with faculty as required to ensure successful VanArts experiences.
- Plan, coordinate and represent VanArts at recruitment events, career fairs, and other recruitment outreach opportunities.
- Plan, organize and conduct presentations and workshops, representing VanArts to groups of prospective students, high school groups, parents, guidance counselors, partners, etc.
General administrative responsibilities:
- Issue enrolment confirmations, prepare withdrawal forms and other office related correspondence.
- Create and maintain highly organized and up to date records for all prospective students.
- Apply the highest level of integrity and business ethics in the recruitment process.
- Conduct internal and/or external statistical analysis on student demographics and trends.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment and customer service. An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
- Passion for the media arts, entertainment, and creative industries is an asset.
- Familiarity with the post-secondary educational systems in B.C. and Canada including familiarity with International Education and with Citizenship & Immigration Canada policies and procedures related to international students would be an asset.
- Ability and desire to establish positive relationships with students from diverse backgrounds and work collaboratively with a variety of faculty and administrators.
- Ability to make engaging presentations to groups and individuals.
- Fluency in the English language, verbal and written.
- Fluency in Hindi or Punjabi.
- Additional languages are an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to cope successfully with fluctuations in workloads and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) email programs, and social media.
- Energetic, friendly, positive and reliable.
- Maintain accurate information and exhibit discretion & confidentiality.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Travel required – must have active driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This opening may also be viewed on our website:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan may be reviewed here:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Student recruitment: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
- English (required)
- Hindi (required)
- Punjabi (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.