Taro Pharmaceuticals INC, Canada
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
Opportunities for career growth and development
A competitive wage/salary
Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for Associate, Formulation Development
The purposes of the position are to develop the formula and process for new products in accordance with GMP/GLP and Taro procedures, work is completed in timely manner to ensure meeting departmental and corporate goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop formulae and process for new products – this includes literature searching, sourcing new raw materials and packaging components, preparing lab scale developmental batches, designing and executing experiments to support the final formulation and process.
- Write Master Formula and Packaging Work Orders for Exhibit Batches and Facilitate manufacturing and the packaging of exhibit batches
- Report and clearly document all research work is performed – this includes documentation of protocol, experimental process, problems and observations and formulation development report.
- Participate in activities leading to Technical Transfer, process validation and commercial production troubleshooting under the guidance of Senior Formulation Scientist/Manager
- Plan project development activities proactively, and update outcomes and completion of the activities in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
- Provide technical training to Product Development colleagues
- Other activities to comply with GMP/GLP requirement
- Complete GMP training for updated SOPs, and complete all GMP activities and documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Utilize and apply basic scientific knowledge and semi-solid theories to design effective experiments.
- Evaluate and assess formulations and processes based on analytical results
- Collaborate with manager team and other R&D professionals, plant staffs, administration staffs effectively to solve any issues or conflicts during product development
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph. D. or a M. Sc. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with minimum one year experience in formulation development is preferred for this position, or a B.Sc. or community college degree with 3 years experience in Semi-Solid and Liquid formulation development.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of liquid and semi-solid formulation development.
- Hands on experience and skills of design, implement and evaluate experiments.
- A good understanding of GMP
- Familiarity with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Good organizational skills and multi-tasking skills to facilitate the timely completion of projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Generally the surroundings are fairly pleasant. Occasional exposure to dirty environment and higher than normal noise levels, frequent, daily exposure to various chemicals used in the testing of raw materials, components and finished products. Occasionally there is exposure to unpleasant odors resulting from testing procedures. Temperature levels are fairly consistent. The position requires a mixture of standing and walking, some heavy lifting and/or movement of material/instruments.
- The position requires a mixture of standing and walking, some heavy lifting and/or movement of material/instruments.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.