LabX Media Group
We are currently looking for an Assistant Editor to create scientific news in written and multimedia formats for an audience of life science researchers working primarily in translational, preclinical, and clinical research in pharma and biotech labs.
Drug Discovery News focuses on keeping our subscribers current with the latest trends and developments in basic disease research, preclinical research, and clinical trials. DDN is Dedicated to Exploring Drug Discoveries and Development.
- Identify topics, write, and edit high quality original features, columns, news articles, and multimedia content
- Work closely with the associate editor to prioritize coverage for monthly print issues, newsletters, and the website
- Develop a strong network of advisors, sources, scientists, collaborators, and freelance writers
- Convey complex technical ideas using effective, clear, creative, lively storytelling
- Guide designers and videographers in producing scientifically accurate content across media channels including print, digital, social media, video, illustrations, infographics, and newsletters
- Select and prepare content for weekly newsletters
- Stay up to date with the changing needs and interests of scientific researchers
- PhD in the life sciences
- 2-3 years experience in science writing and editing
- Collaborative, creative, and innovative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, research, and analytical skills
Other valuable experience:
- Experience conducting scientific research in a pharma/biotech or translational/preclinical laboratory
- Commitment to journalism standards and best practices
- Familiarity with SEO
- Experience communicating and working with a remote team
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.