University of Alberta
Whereas this place welcomes purposes from the general public, please notice that choice will likely be given to present staff on the College of Alberta. Please point out your inner standing utilizing the “Commercial” drop down menu when making use of.
This place is part of the Affiliation of the Educational Employees of the College of Alberta (AASUA).
In accordance with the Non permanent Librarian, Administrative and Skilled Employees (TLAPO) Settlement , this place gives a complete advantages bundle discovered on our Advantages Overview web page and an annual wage vary of $63,090 to $105,189. This place has an preliminary appointment of as much as one yr.
Work primarily takes place at North Campus Edmonton .
Working for the College of Alberta
The College of Alberta acknowledges that we’re situated on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages, and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to complement our vibrant group.
The College of Alberta is teeming with change makers, group builders, and world shapers who lead with objective each day. We’re dwelling to greater than 40,000 college students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate applications, over 13,000 college and workers, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been acknowledged as one in every of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work may have a significant affect on an interesting cross-section of individuals—from our college students and stakeholders to our famend researchers and innovators who’re fairly actually curing illnesses, making discoveries, and producing options that make the world more healthy, safer, stronger, and extra simply.
Working for the School of Arts
Reporting to the Educational Division Supervisor, the Assistant Educational Division Supervisor oversees the coed advising group and assists with the operational work of the Educational Departments. The place helps the administration of Division Packages for the Departments of Anthropology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Linguistics, Ladies’s & Gender Research.
This place has direct oversight of 9 positions together with undergraduate advisors, graduate advisors, and Advisor/Placement Coordinator, and creates an atmosphere the place numerous concepts, views, and achievements are acknowledged, rewarded, and celebrated.
In all aspects of this position, the Assistant Educational Division Supervisor endeavors to combine and advance the College’s commitments to fairness, variety, and inclusivity.
- Leads the instructing, pupil advising, and placement companies within the Division, in session with the Educational Division Supervisor.
- Leads the tutorial instructing plan course of for approval by the Chair and Educational Division Supervisor.
- In session with the Chair, manages the division timetabling course of; and oversees course scheduling and enrolment.
- Screens enrolment statistics, balances enrolments throughout sections and recommends cancelation or revision of under-enrolled programs.
- Might help with Human Sources, occasion assist, monetary processing, basic administration and day-to-day operations, and different duties as assigned.
- Identifies drawback areas and dangers and escalates them to the Educational Division Supervisor.
- Has direct accountability for establishing work and timelines for undergraduate advisors, graduate advisors, and Placement Advisors/Coordinators together with however not restricted to: admissions, switch credit score, course registration, program updates, grade adjustments, appeals, approving/denying exceptions (and escalating the place acceptable), awards, program completion and milestones, pupil placement, experiential studying, research overseas/discipline college programming, and so on.
- Gives management, steerage, and course for conditions and points that require investigation or response.
- Screens the continued wants of the coed advising and placement companies to make sure that sources are used successfully.
- Manages coverage and course of improvement for pupil advising and placement companies in departments.
- Accountable for information administration of pupil information and/or monetary documentation, in keeping with College information administration protocol.
- Oversees course and calendar info in keeping with Division/ School/School/College protocols.
- Contributes to and initiates the event of insurance policies and procedures and represents the pursuits and problems with the Departments to the School and central administration.
- Tracks key analytics and develops stories to assist decision-making, significantly round enrolments.
- Works collegially with fellow Assistant Educational Division Managers and Crew Leads.
- Maintains a productive relationship with the Educational Division Supervisor, Educational Chairs, management, the Workplace of the Registrar, FGSR, UAI, and different pupil service workplaces.
- Demonstrates inclusivity in work processes and work groups. Actively seeks out and invitations various viewpoints in planning, discussions, and decision-making.
- Acknowledges and mediates or removes limitations to inclusive engagement.
- Acknowledges battle and takes steps to handle points by mediating with concerned events.
- Acknowledges and takes steps to handle discrimination, and different limitations to cooperation, collaboration, and constructive communication.
- Supervises, advises, guides, and coaches workers to assist efficiency optimization. Acknowledges and develops expertise, offers detailed efficiency suggestions, and remediates limitations to development confronted by members of equity-seeking teams.
- Bachelor’s diploma or equal.
- Demonstrated supervisory expertise.
- Minimal 5 years of expertise in submit post-secondary pupil service-centered atmosphere.
- Data of instructing companies, pupil advising and placement actions, and greatest practices.
- Excessive stage of analytical and problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated use of methods and instruments akin to Excel, database question instruments (Tableau), and PeopleSoft (Finance, HCM, Campus Options) can be an asset.
- Glorious written and oral communication abilities.
- Planning, organizational, and time administration abilities.
- Skill to work independently.
- Confirmed skill to work collaboratively with group members from completely different areas of experience, and with senior directors in a corporation.
- In depth information of College of Alberta insurance policies, procedures, and working necessities.
- Familiarity with college governance methods.
On the College of Alberta, we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and accessible hiring course of for all candidates. In the event you require lodging to take part within the interview course of, please tell us on the time of reserving your interview and we’ll make each effort to accommodate your wants.
Word: On-line purposes are accepted till midnight Mountain Customary Time of the time limit.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.