The Friendship Circle is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic ASL instructor for our National retreat for teens and young adults from around Canada, taking place at the Lac Carling hotel on March 17 or March 18 at 4:00pm . (2255 route 327 nord Grenville sur la route)
The goal of the retreat is to encourage inclusion and spread it around Canada, and we believe that learning ASL can help break down communication barriers and promote accessibility for all.
We are looking for an instructor who can lead a fun and engaging hour-long ASL class, focusing on learning popular songs and games while also introducing basic ASL vocabulary and grammar. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching ASL and experience working with teens and young adults. The instructor has to be comfortable leading a class in a large group setting.
•Plan and deliver an hour-long ASL class at the retreat
- Focus on fun and engaging ways to teach basic ASL vocabulary and grammar, including popular songs and games
- Provide all necessary materials for the class
- Ensure a safe and inclusive learning environment for all participants
- Fluent in ASL
- Experience teaching ASL to teens and young adults
- Ability to engage and inspire a large group
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for promoting inclusion and accessibility
If you are interested in this opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of teens and young adults, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Friendship Circle.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $300.00-$600.00 per week
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grenville-sur-la-Rouge, QC: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-03-17
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.