York Region|York Region
Archival Technician Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Archival Technician in our company, York Region. This vacancy is based in Newmarket ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Archival Technician Job
Company: York Region
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Newmarket ON
Salary: $36.25–$39.40 an hour
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-24
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Archival Technician Job Detail
remote work opportunities apply – CA
Reporting to the Regional Archivist, is responsible for assisting in the operation, maintenance and support of the Regional Archives program; processing, maintaining and ensuring the appropriate storage of archival collections; assisting in assessing, acquiring and describing new acquisitions and deaccessions; conducting reference services and providing retrieval services; researching and preparing archival exhibits and displays; create finding aids for the collections and responding to internal and external requests for historical information.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the archival collection by creating finding aids for archival records in the custody of the Regional archives.
- Maintains the archives collection by proper environmental storage conditions; applies appropriate conservation treatments, such as cleaning, sterilizing, repairing, encapsulating; and other accepted archival procedures and practices.
- Provides assistance in the appraisal, selection, transfer and deaccessioning of records and materials being acquired by the Regional Archives.
- Drafts descriptions for archival and special collections.
- Purges, sorts and re-boxes archival records into appropriate enclosures (e.g. acid-free folders).
- Arranges, describes and culls documents, materials and special collections according to accepted professional archival standards and practices.
- Identifies and collects library materials that support the archives program; catalogues materials according to Branch standards.
- Provides reference and retrieval services to archival users; provides assistance to Regional staff and external researchers (the public) in use and interpretation of archival materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Archival studies or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience in archives, including online searching, archival arrangement and description and exhibit preparation, preferably in a Corporate archives and/or municipal environment.
- Knowledge of current archival standards, principles, practices and techniques, including the Rules for Archival Description (RAD) as well as experience arranging and describing archival records according to RAD.
- Knowledge of basic conservation techniques for the preservation of archival materials.
- Familiarity with metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core).
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Records and Information Management concepts.
- Knowledge of government guidelines and relevant Standards, Acts and Legislation.
- General knowledge of issues, practices, technical standards etc., associated with the management and preservation of electronic records.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
Please apply online by 4:30PM EST of the closing date indicated above. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.