University of Calgary
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta. The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.
Financial Operations within Finance is currently seeking a Full-time Limited Term AP/AR Financial Operations Clerk for approximately 9 months.
The Clerk reports to the Manager, Financial Operations and Supervisor, Accounts Payable and as such will work closely with members of both the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Overtime may be required during fiscal year end, due to the increase in volume and tight deadlines.
Accounts Receivable manages external billings, cash control auditing, and collections. The unit also supports and trains university departments and external parties in these areas.
Accounts Payable works in partnership with faculties, departments, vendors and other stakeholders to process payments for University related purchases / services, ensuring that all payments issued are in legislative compliance and in accordance with the policies of the University.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Bank deposits – scanning cheques received to bank and processing deposits in PeopleSoft
- Completing credit card payments over phone
- Supplying banking information to external customers as requested
- Creating customers in PeopleSoft/updating customer addresses or contacts
- Invoice data entry – process invoices via interface, upload and manual entry into People Soft in a timely manner.
- Mail pick up & delivery.
- Review PRQ worklist – review payment requests for individuals and suppliers ensuring compliance with university policies & procedures, and CRA requirements.
- Triage incoming invoices in shared AP inbox.
- Resolve Service Now Tickets.
- Reconcile supplier statements and provide feedback to vendors.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 3 years of accounts receivable and / or accounts payable experience is required
- Advanced skills and ability to use Word, Excel, Access and data warehouse reporting, email, PeopleSoft financial systems
- Excellent organization skills; well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of University culture and cross-departmental policies preferred
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities is required
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines as required
Application Deadline: February 2, 2023
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Operational/Administrative Job Family, Phase 1.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website .
The University strongly recommends all faculty and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca .
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High , committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
As an equitable and inclusive employer, the University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. In particular, we encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible/racialized minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, we offer accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. Questions regarding [diversity] EDI at UCalgary can be sent to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion ([email protected] ) and requests for accommodations can be sent to Human Resources ([email protected] ).
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.