Pawsitively Pets is hiring for both part-time and full-time permanent positions, with the goal of starting at the end of March or early April. Students in part-time positions can work full-time hours from May to September if they wish.
Pawsitively Pets is a hands-on animal education program for children and adults of all ages. Our wonderful animal team comprises an assortment of rescued pets that have found a forever home with us. Our goal is to provide our animal team with a permanent home and the best possible care while sharing our love of animals with others. All Pawsitively Pets programs focus on responsible pet ownership and the lifelong commitment to owning a pet. At Pawsitively Pets we strive to offer an experience that provides our animals with positive interactions and the ability to share our love of animals with people hands-on, exploring the wonderful world of science, animals and nature.
Are you passionate about teaching young children and helping them to explore the world of animals? We are looking for creative, outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic team players to join our team.
This is a great position for an energetic and dynamic individual who loves the world of animals and wants to share that experience with children in a hands-on interactive format. We are looking for team members who like to think outside the box and be creative, helping to develop and deliver programs for children ranging in age from 2 years to 14 years old.
- Present and deliver interactive animal presentations in the classroom, camp programs, after-school, party and event environments.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must LOVE animals & children
- Must have a passion for presenting to groups of children and an engaging personality
- All staff must have a valid class G driver’s license and a car they can use for work programs and events each day.
- Car allowance provided.
Must Have’s: If you are applying for this position you must have:
- A love for animals and children-strong communication and presentation skills
- Feel confident presenting to a group
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a car. (Some of our programs are at our location, others are off-site, you will need to use your car at work every day and will be provided with a car allowance.)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- High energy and strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking skills, stress tolerance, flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills to liaison and communicate with parents and customers effectively
- Strong command of the English language, written and spoken. French is not required but is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress
- Excellent time management and ability to always be on time for scheduled shifts
- Graduated or working towards a degree in an animal or child-related post-secondary degree or diploma program
- must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Part-time & Full-time – year-round position. Availability to work weekends is a MUST. Car allowance for all staff and full benefit package for full-time staff.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate – or obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Background Check: All applicants must submit to a vulnerable sector background check and successfully complete and provide at least two contactable references
You will be expected to:
- Learn all aspects of our hands-on animal programming topics.
- Available to work weekends.
- Full-time position 36-44 hours per week, extended health care benefits and car allowance.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Have your own transportation (you will need a car to transport animals to parties and events,) and a valid G Level Ontario driver’s license.
- Participate in all aspects of animal care duties when scheduled, this includes cage cleaning, feeding and general health checks on all our animals.
- Present to large groups in a confident manner.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum three years of experience working with children
- Working towards or have completed a post-secondary diploma or degree in a child or animal-related field
- This is a permanent year-round position we are looking for a candidate who will commit to the position for 1 year or longer in a full-time manner.
Car allowance is provided to all candidates. A reliable car is needed for work duties each day.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$19.50 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have a driver’s license and your own reliable vehicle you can use for work.
- Availability to work weekends?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-31
Expected start date: 2023-04-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.