University of Guelph
Alumni Affairs & Development
Temporary full-time from April 2023 to October 2024
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2023-0208
Please read the Application Instructionsbefore applying
This position of Alumni Advancement Manager in the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics(Lang) is an opportunity to join a high-performing team of passionate professionals at the University of Guelph, one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research-intensive universities.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) advances the mission of the University of Guelph by raising private support and building relationships with a broad range of stakeholders ranging from alumni and friends, to corporations and foundations. As a member of the AA&D team, the Alumni Advancement Manager epitomizes the department’s shared values of respect, empowerment, integrity, appreciation, and forward focus.
We are seeking candidates with strong communication and relationship building skills to work with alumni, donors and volunteers in Lang. Langis a globally-focused business school, dedicated to improving life through business.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Advancement, and in consultation with the Dean and faculty, the Alumni Advancement Manager (AAM) is responsible for engaging alumni in the life of the college through annual giving fundraising (contributions of up to $25,000) and strategic relationship management through events and programs. More specifically, the responsibilities of the AAM include:
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects through the fundraising cycle;
- Managing a pipeline of 80-100 donors/prospects and undertaking 5-7 calls/month;
- Managing strategic class/group reunion activity and class/group fundraising activity, including peer-to-peer fundraising;
- Collaborating on all college-related annual giving initiatives, including mass appeals and stewardship communications;
- Providing a strategic lens for on and off-campus alumni engagement opportunities, including events;
- Managing key volunteer relationships, including alumni boards/committees and coordinating alumni volunteers for various University activities and college specific activities;
- Collaborating with colleagues in AA&D to develop effective communications strategies that keep alumni and annual giving donors informed of relevant and strategic activities;
- Supporting relevant day to day alumni correspondence and outreach, and other associated duties as assigned;
- Some evening and weekend work is required, as well as possible travel in support of certain activities.
Requirements for this role include:
· Undergraduate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field; preference will be given to those with experience in a post-secondary environment or a non-profit program management, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
· Strong written and interpersonal communications skills, including effective relationship building;
· Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure, exercising tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment;
· Results-oriented with the ability to take initiative and self-manage;
· Comfortable working in a role with a considerable amount of autonomy;
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases and/or CRM systems;
· Experience managing volunteers or staff would be considered an asset;
· Experience in event management is considered an asset.
(Covering) Position Number 392-048
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2023 04 11
Closing Date: 2023 05 03
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.