YMCA of Hamilton jobsincanada.one Burlington jobsincanada.one Brantford
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other, and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living.
Beyond the Bell Supervisor – Position Overview
Positions available in Brantford
Position Status: Part-Time
Nature & Scope:
The Beyond the Bell Educator reports directly to the Beyond the Bell Supervisor. This position is responsible for the supervision of children, creating and facilitating the delivery of safe, age appropriate programming in an after-school program. The Educator is dedicated to improving children’s academic competencies, values and physical well being.
- Ensures safe, quality programs for participants and staff
- Collaborates with other staff, including the Supervisor, to ensure compliance of YMCA program standards
- Responsible for the completion and submission of weekly reports, evaluations and daily documentation with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Maintenance and evaluation of program equipment and materials
- Will identify problems and ensure issues are addressed by the appropriate manager/supervisor
- Models and complies with policies, procedures, best practices and employee expectations as established by the YMCA
- Works closely with the Beyond the Bell Supervisor ensuring program plans and activities are coordinated and meet the developmental and academic requirements of the program participants
- Available to work a regular schedule from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., however, is able to maintain flexibility in his/her schedule to manage issues, concerns and problems as they may arise
- Attends staff training and professional development activities as required
- Post-secondary education in Child and Youth Studies, Recreation and leisure or related field
- 2 years experience working with children in direct program delivery
- Valid certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR-C preferred
- Commitment to delivering programs for children
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills; must be able to plan and prioritize work assignments
- Self motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of child development and related “new” research
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid Human Rights exemption.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision and Strategic Outcomes and Values of the YMCA.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the YMCA.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
YMCA of Hamilton jobsincanada.one Burlington jobsincanada.one Brantford Accessibility:
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA.
Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department. The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford encourages employees within the Association, as well as those employed within the Canadian YMCA/YMCA-YWCA Federation to submit their application.
Please note that in so doing, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford reserves the right to contact the applicable YMCA or YMCA-YWCA throughout the recruitment process for purposes of seeking an employment reference.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application you have disclosed to your current supervisor your intention to submit your application. By submitting your application, you understand and agree to allow the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to contact your current Association.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.