Magna International Inc.
Job Number: 51462
Group: Cosma International
Division: DECO AUTOMOTIVE EAST
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Your New Role
The Advanced Engineering Manager is responsible for leading Deco Automotive’s advanced engineering department in the pursuit of flawless launches on new programs and transforming Deco Automotive into an Industry 4.0 leader.
What Deco Offers
At Deco Automotive, company culture is central to the work experience. Employees at Deco enjoy many different company benefits including:
- A great work experience with a diverse and dedicated workforce
- A strong focus on safety and health and wellness (fitness membership discounts, subsidized cafeteria, and year-round access to a private park)
- Four (4) paid personal days
- Seven (7) paid sick/emergency days
- Three (3) paid family emergency days
- Competitive extended health benefits
- Group RRSP matching program
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Team appreciation lunches and events
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Continuous Improvement and Development Culture
What You Will Need to Succeed
- 8 to 10 years related leadership experience an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Engineering Degree
- Experience in program management, APQP program launches, PPAP, and Equipment quoting.
- Technical evaluation of suppliers, tooling shops, and assembly integrators.
- Effective conducting face to face negotiations
- Customer Management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient computer usage
- Ability to work in a professional manner
- Ability to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements including overtime
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
As an Advanced Engineering Manager You Will
- Lead, develop, and empower department team members which include process specialists, product engineering, and manufacturing engineering.
- Hold team members accountable for the quantity and quality of department deliverables.
- Good understanding of automotive manufacturing processes and possess the technical confidence to challenge current standards and progress division to the next level.
- Driving force in the program launch process ensuring programs stay on track technically and in accordance with program timelines.
- Lead team in resolving manufacturing concerns through modifications to process and customer product changes.
- Review customer submissions to ensure Deco is not exposed from a technical or commercial standpoint.
- Supports business plan activities and following through with the necessary actions to meet BP Key Performance Indicators.
- Achieve divisional budget targets by leading program teams to maximize profitability and manage program spending.
- Lead Deco pursing strategic business opportunities in response to customer RFQ’s to fulfil business plan targets.
- Ensures team members adhere to Deco Automotive’s safety expectations including locking out when necessary and wearing required PPE when on shop floor.
- Lead and challenge core process engineering team to maintain industry manufacturing best practices.
- Lead customer interactions on Deco’s behalf when necessary; develop team members to conduct themselves with similar level of confidence and minimize risk to Deco Automotive.
- Provides formal and informal feedback to team members
- Active participant in the continuous improvement, cost reduction and sustainability programs.
- Complies and upholds the expectations of the Deco handbook and Magna Employee Charter.
- IATF awareness and adherence
- ISO14001 awareness and adherence
- Any other requests deemed reasonable by Deco Automotive management
SAFETY PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adheres to the requirements of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations
- Strong commitment to work place safety, which includes but is not limited to: use of personal protective equipment, maintains proper housekeeping, and recognizes and amends unsafe work conditions.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.