Tl'azten Nation - Eugene Joseph Elementary School
Does making a difference drive you as a teacher?
Do you believe in supporting the abilities, and recognizing the amazing potential of all students?
Do you believe that literacy is a human right?
Tl’azt’en Nation is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Adult Education Teacher/Principal to join our team who is passionate about social justice and inclusion to join our creative and caring team of educators in the beautiful Tl’azt’en Nation.
The successful candidate is provided with subsidized housing within the community that is a ten-minute walk from the school, and the town of Fort St James is approximately a 45-minute drive away.
We are a school committed to serving our local community and placing students and families at the heart of everything we do. We have incredible students, excellent facilities and a strong staff team.
Locally, our team can enjoy recreation opportunities including hiking, camping, kayaking on the pristine shores of beautiful Stuart Lake, and skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing all winter. Tl’azt’en Nation is connected to many exciting outdoor adventure opportunities. Prince George is only a 2.5-hour drive away with many daily flights to Vancouver and other destinations.
Please reply to this ad with a cover letter responding to the job posting and a resume for this exciting opportunity.
Adult Education Teacher/Principal
As a primary member of the educational team, the Adult Education Teacher/Principal would be committed to working in a positive team atmosphere to ensure success for all students in the Tl’azt’en Nation Adult Learning Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to active participation in the Tl’azt’en Nation Adult Learning Centre and the Nations professional community to ensure student success.
- Committed to making collaborative decisions about instructional design and selection of instructional materials based on data related to student needs.
- Demonstrated experience and training in differentiated learning, intensive behavior management, and special learning needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the planning delivery of the school’s goals.
- Comply with all Personnel Policies including, but not limited to the Code of Conduct Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Workplace Relationship Policy, and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) and B.C Certifications
- Must have or be eligible for B.C Certification
- Recent and proven successful experience in Adult Education.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Adult Education preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a high degree of professional flexibility, patience, and humour.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work with young adults in a supportive and consistent manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture and issues in isolated communities in B.C.
- Willingness to integrate appropriate technologies into your instructional practices to improve learning outcomes is essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume and cover letter, speaking specifically to our ad and the position.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. This position is open until filled.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $55,185.00-$105,257.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- B.C Teacher Certification (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.