Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST)
Term Employment Position
SCWIST (The Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology) is a not-for-profit society that specializes in improving the presence and influence of women and girls in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) in Canada. SCWIST promotes participation and advancement through education, networking, mentorship, collaborative partnerships, and advocacy. SCWIST’s vision is an environment where girls and women in Canada pursue their interest, education and careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), without barriers.
SCWIST is seeking a resourceful and responsive Administrative Coordinator to join our team, working virtually. You will be an integral component of a pilot project that delivers pre-employment and skills development training for marginalized women in STEM across Canada. You will be supporting the project team of 6 other members. The role reports to the project steering committee and team, and is a contract position for an average of 37.5 hours per week until the end of September 2023, with possibility of extension. This project is primarily offered in Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec and Manitoba, so preference will be given to candidates located in the Pacific and Eastern time zones.
● Provide administrative support for the project team as well as the SCWIST team as required.
● Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
● Develop and maintain a shared drive filing system for this project, ensuring timely uploading of documentation
● Coordinating calendars, managing and scheduling meetings across time zones
● Attend meetings as required and taking minutes
● Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters etc
● General IT support for team, i.e. setting up email, access to Google Drives, MS Office suite, and project management software (ie. Asana)
● Maintain accurate contact lists and enter data in Salesforce and other software applications as required
● Assist in the preparation of reports for Board and the project team
● Liaise with team members to handle requests and queries from project team and SCWIST Board
● Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries and expense reports
● Perform other duties for SCWIST Board and the team as required
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following skills. When in doubt, apply!
● 2-5 years’ experience in administration
● Strong working knowledge of office management systems and efficient administration procedures
● Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace applications, Slack and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter,Instagram, Facebook)
● Must have strong skills with data collection, entry, reporting, and data integrity
● Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
● Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask on a daily basis
● Completion of GBA+ certification(or complete shortly after contract starts)
The following skills and experiences would be assets:
● Experience in the non-profit sector
● Knowledge of employment sector services
● Social media experience, including managing content
● Bilingualism in French and English
Because this is a pilot project, the successful candidate is flexible, adaptable to change, and works well in an evolving environment. They will also be comfortable working independently and completing tasks without direct supervision.
We are a small team making big waves! We offer a supportive and flexible work environment, where teammates are encouraged to reach out to one another whenever in need of support. Our team is passionate about the mission of this project and the work we do, and we trust one another to get our respective roles and responsibilities accomplished in whatever way works best for each of us.
Term, Location, and Compensation
$30/hour based on 37.5 hour week, CPP and EI and other benefits
This is a contract position to begin as soon as possible until the end of September 2023, with possibility of extension. This is a remote position using virtual platforms. Candidates must reside and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
How to Apply
Please include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line of your email to stemstreams-admin [AT] scwist.ca. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so the sooner you can apply, the better.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and diversity to apply including those with lived experience or otherwise don’t have the exact skills and qualifications noted above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity to remove barriers for women and girls in STEM!
We thank all candidates who apply for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-04-26
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.