Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the “Western Experience” – an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry at Western University is a public, urban medical and dental school to serve the people of Southwestern Ontario. The School’s mission is to provide medical and dental pre-and post-doctoral education programs.
At Schulich Dentistry, we prepare qualified graduates to provide dental care as well as generate knowledge through clinical research, basic science research and other scholarly activity. We also provide oral health care to the public through our on-site clinics and our community outreach programs, specifically, Dental Outreach Community Service (DOCS) and Oral Health, Total Health.
Location: Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
Length of time: 600 hours
Dates: May 1, 2023 – August 25, 2023
Co-supervisor: Dr. John Suljak, Assistant Professor; [email protected]
Co-Supervisor: Dr. W. Keven Hockley, Associate Director-Clinics and Assistant Professor; [email protected]
**NOTE: Howard James ([email protected]) is Schulich Dentistry’s contact person regarding the signing of the three-way contract with TD. He will facilitate the invoicing required for the scholarship and receive payment from TD.
- Provide administrative assistance in the following patient care clinics:
- Dentistry Surgical Care Unit
- Screening Clinic
- Urgent Care Clinic
- Assist the Director of Clinics with administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Assist in the following locations:
- Dental stores
- Provide administrative support to members of the Accreditation Team as needed.
- Assist faculty and staff with course preparation for the fall school term as needed.
- Assist with planning and preparation of DDS3 Orientation weeks for clinics for Fall 2023.
- Assist with various IT/IS tasks as they relate to the development of reporting SOP’s pertaining to day-to-day clinic operations and patient care.
- Assist with the refinement of the Adjunct Faculty calibration exercises for Fall 2023.
- Assist with the refinement of the Adjunct Faculty Manual and Dental Clinics Student Handbook
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.