Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution and a minimum of three years of recent-related administrative support experience with advancing levels of responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding the nature of the work of academic faculties in a university is an asset.
- Typing speed 50 wpm.
- Experience managing multiple demands within a large and complex organization. Superior organizational skills in coordinating projects and meeting multiple overlapping deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully recognize, analyze and resolve problems.
- Proven ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively in an administrative environment with multiple demands and frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of the English Language. Proven excellence in communication skills, both oral and written, exhibiting a high level of tact, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to accurately compose standard forms of business communications such as memoranda, meeting minutes and agendas, business letters, emails, etc.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail, particularly in editing documents.
- Proven ability to comprehend, communicate and comply with established policies, practices and procedures.
- Proven ability in quantitative reasoning.
- Experience reviewing documents for accuracy, tracking expenditures, and applying policy and procedure.
- Working knowledge of routine office practices and procedures, including standard filing systems, clerical control systems, record-keeping, etc.
- Proven ability to address confidential matters and materials with tact and discretion.
- Proven ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks on time.
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Proven excellence in interpersonal skills, with the ability to patiently and effectively deal with a diverse range of people in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Proven ability to work as a constructive and cooperative team member.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and rapidly changing work environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of integrated administrative technologies including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook software, electronic calendars, and internet. Familiarity with Banner information system is an asset.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected]
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.