Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Under direction of the immediate supervisor, Senior Director of Operations, the incumbent provides administrative, coordination, and organizational support of the daily activities within the Operations unit and to the unit Directors. The incumbent is responsible for the Sr. Director’s agenda, the coordination, planning and scheduling meetings & tracking key dates, creating and managing documentation, tracking performance metrics, maintains computerized information systems, including storage and archiving and acts as a resource person for polices and procedures.
- Supervise the distribution and follow up of work assignments for the administrative team in Operations and communicates and monitors the implantation of directives with a focus on optimizing and standardizing processes with the objective of creating efficiencies within the unit. Recommends procedural changes to enable unit to function more effectively.
- Administer and delegate requests to administrative team and departmental contributors. Collect and reconcile information in order to prepare and manage responses and follow ups.
- Maintain and organize the Senior Director’s agenda. Organizes, coordinates and schedules meetings and activities and proactively prepares the pertinent information, documents, agendas, media and equipment required for meetings.
- Performs research and analysis leading to the compilation and preparation of Operations’ various dossiers including dashboards, presentations, summary reports, draft projects & proposals, legal files). Consolidates, prepares and maintains budget information & submissions and departmental and governmental reports and letters.
- Compile, maintain and follow up on administrative documents requiring multiple levels of approval. Maintain and develop guides and tools to ensure Direction’s employees learn and follow established Department and University controls, policies and guidelines.
- Support projects/programs managed by the Senior Director requiring research, writing, proofreading (translation when required), and follow-up. As needed, fills various forms, requisitions, prepares contracts and other purchasing related documents. Prepare agendas and report minutes. Compose on behalf of the Senior Director; disseminate executive letters, reports, detailed procedural instructions and other documents.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts; including assisting with the preparation of reports and statements financial statements (vendor statements, expense reports statements, etc) for the 15 to 20 operations accounts. Approve expenditures within established guidelines. Prepares budgets or budget proposals including developing a control to ensure there is sufficient budget in an account prior to tender.
- Compile relevant policies for the purpose of raising awareness and support in order to ensure implementation. Provide support to Directors and administrative team to improve efficiency regarding unit procedures.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Administrative staff of the Associate Vice Principal, Senior Directors and Directors and Managers of Facilities Management. Provide support during vacations and other absences. Create and maintain tracking tools for vacations, personal time, banked time and absences.
- Maintain computerized information systems (CMMS, Meridian, MMP, Microsoft office, shared folders, OneDrive, etc) including storage and archiving. Acts as a resource person to these systems.
- Liase regularly with senior management and internal units (Legal, Procurement, Finance, Communications, IT etc.) and external resources (governments, cities, suppliers, etc.).
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and to meet weekly and monthly deadlines. Proven ability to compose correspondence and to proofread documents using appropriate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail. Must be client focused and service oriented. Demonstrated ability to clearly transmit and receive information. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentation software and knowledge of web maintenance. Knowledge of programs such as MMP, CMMS, Banner and applications, Microsoft office suite particularly Excel (level: intermediate) and Powerpoint, and Workday. English spoken and written. French spoken and written.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEC III 3 Years Related Experience /
(MUNACA Level H) $32.09 – $39.78
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Senior Director Operations
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.