City University of Seattle
About City University of Seattle:
City University of Seattle (CityU) is a distinguished and comprehensive private nonprofit university and an affiliate of the National University System. CityU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). We are dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. As a pioneer in digital learning, we have been delivering online education for over 40 years. CityU is ranked by the U.S. News & World Report among the top for online bachelor’s degree programs, and among the top online programs for veterans in the U.S. CityU prides itself on having a completion rate of twice the national average according to data from the Chronicle of Higher Education.
CityU has over 20 locations in the Northwest and worldwide. Many of our degree, certificate and endorsement programs are offered online, in-person, mixed-mode and in performance-based formats. Aside from its flagship campus and headquarters in Seattle, CityU offers programs in Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Vietnam.
City University of Seattle in Canada is looking for a qualified full time Administrative Assistant to support our Master of Counseling Program Edmonton Campus.
Provides general administrative support and customer service to the program under general supervision. Apply knowledge of supervisor’s work commitments, including status of projects and nature of contacts in responding to inquiries, setting priorities, arranging meetings, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative support duties to maintain office operations, including but not limited to the following:
- Track departmental expenditures. Create and process financial documents.
- Screen and direct calls, greet visitors and respond to inquiries.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, and special events.
- Prepare event arrangements, announcements, agendas, reports, minutes, department calendars, etc.
- Prioritize and distribute electronic and standard mail.
- Order supplies and equipment. Arrange maintenance services when needed.
- Make copies.
- Coordinate office operations for assigned program/department. Establish priorities and follow deadlines. Create and maintain documentation regarding office activities. Make recommendations for streamlining or process improvement.
- Ensure that operational documents are in order. Work with students and faculty involved and follow up to ensure that records are completed and all information is tracked and recorded.
- Create, modify, maintain and archive physical files and electronic records using spreadsheet and database software such as PeopleSoft, BlackBoard, Point, and Curriculum Development System. Ensure that records are up-to-date, accurate, and accessible. Maintain records in accordance with state, federal, provincial, and accreditation requirements. Assist users experiencing system problems.
- Prepare and proofread a variety of documents such as correspondence, spreadsheet or database reports, meeting notices and agendas, manuscripts, schedules, student evaluations, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience.
- Able to work remotely if needed.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Skills.
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Flexible and positive personality with a willingness to take on various tasks.
- Task-oriented and efficient at meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Competent in virtual meeting environments.
- General understanding or interest in education field an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions of the hand and/or wrists.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, grasp or handle, feel and reach.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Must be able to work remotely if needed.
- Work days are Tuesday to Saturday (40 hours/week).
CityU of Seattle only accepts application materials through this online application process. Please submit a complete application to be considered for this position. A complete application includes:
- Completed Electronic Application Form
- Current Resume
Once you have created a profile, please remember to record your password. If you use the ‘Help Desk’ feature, responses will be sent to your Interview Exchange account. Candidates with qualifications and experience most aligned with current needs will be contacted by a hiring manager. Once the position is filled, you will see a status update in your account profile.
If you encounter technical problems while applying for a position, please use the ‘Help Desk’ feature in your Interview Exchange account to submit the issue to technical support. For non-technical issues or questions, please email [email protected]
City University of Seattle is an equal opportunity employer and is continuously working to build a diverse faculty and staff. City University strongly encourages inquiries from all qualified individuals interested in becoming part of the CityU team, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.