Pronghorn Controls Ltd.
Pronghorn supplies high quality instrumentation and electrical services and products to diverse clients across Western Canada including large industrial, agricultural, mining, oil and gas, pipeline and petrochemical industries. We are an expanding and industry-leading organization, driven by core values of safety, integrity, performance, learning and teamwork with a forward-looking growth strategy. Our commitment to communications and employee development has helped us become an employer of choice.
Job Start: December 2022
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta
Title: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TECHNICIAN
This position is responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices accurately and efficiently.
· Provide accounts payable analysis and management.
· Match original invoices to PO’s and packing lists, ensure required approval is obtained.
· Confirm accuracy and make modifications as necessary.
· Code invoices with account codes according to distribution and departmentalization in general ledgers; enter for payment processing.
· Provide all back up for weekly cheque-run.
· Assist with month end closes, cost accruals and variance reporting.
· Process general ledger entries and reconciliations.
· Provide ad hoc reports, information for special projects and assist finance team as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary courses in accounting.
- Experience in accounts payable and general office functions.
- Strong computer skills – Excel & Word, experience with Microsoft Navision financial systems an asset.
· Competitive wages
· 4 days a week – may become full-time
We appreciate all submissions; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Part-time
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.