DNA Genotek, a part of the OraSure family of companies, develops products that optimize ease of collection and provide superior samples. DNA provides proven performance for those requiring high-quality biological samples for nucleic acid testing. Our ability to positively affect change is powered by the innovative tools, services and diagnostics we deliver to the market.
Together with its wholly owned subsidiaries, DNA Genotek, Diversigen, and Novosanis, the OraSure family of companies provides its customers with end-to-end solutions that encompass tools, services and diagnostics. Our 800+ colleagues play a role in empowering people to discover healthier lives by creating effortless tests, collection kits, and services.
It’s first-to-market, innovative products include rapid tests for the detection of antibodies to HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) on the OraQuick® platform; sample self-collection and stabilization products for molecular applications; and oral fluid laboratory tests for detecting various drugs of abuse.
DNA Genotek products are marketed worldwide and support thousands of customers as they achieve breakthroughs in genomic and microbiome research, in diagnostics laboratories, in the pharmaceutical industry, in companion animal genomics and in personalized medicine.
Account Managers at DNA Genotek develop and manage a territory with the goal of maximizing sales. They comprehend and utilize product features and benefits accompanied with selling skills to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote and close sales of Company products to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
We invite you to read through the below and submit your application to us. A member of our team will review it, and if you are selected you will be contacted for interview. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond to those not selected for interview as quickly as we would like. If you do not hear from us regarding this role, but see other opportunities in the future you are interested in applying for, we will welcome your application then too.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the entire sales process for assigned accounts. Demonstrate use of telephone selling skills, such as making compelling opening statements, connecting with the customer, building relationships, asking open-ended and high gain questions to determine needs, provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal.
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Participate in sales and product training, marketing campaigns, and special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of account engagements using the Company’s customer relationship management software.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers. Coordinate on-going customer relationships with a particular focus on up-selling and cross-selling. Consistently attain or exceed assigned sales, profit, and market share goals.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made.
- Utilize multiple data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities.
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective sales presentation and ongoing sales engagement.
- Manage distribution channel partners, contracts, and forecasting.
- Represent the Company at international conferences, tradeshows, and customer visits.
What You Bring:
- Previous direct sales experience, preferably with phone sales and lead generation would be an asset.
- Previous distributor management and implementation would be an asset.
- Previous experience selling internationally directly and/or through utilizing Distribution channels preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and influence potential buyers, both in person and over the phone.
- Tenacity, drive, and eagerness to succeed in sales as part of a dynamic team in a high growth environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the sales process across multiple account engagements.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
The OraSure family of companies encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, candidates from the Black, LGBTQ2S+, or racialized communities.
What we have to offer:
- Highly competitive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents
- Disability and Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP plan with company-matching contributions
- Generous paid time-off, including vacation days, sick days, additional company wide paid days offand personal days
- Maternity Leave and Parental Leave Coverage
- Adoption benefit for parents adopting a child
- Employee Referral Program– you may be eligible for a cash bonus if your referrals are hired
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Service Recognition
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement
- Job-related Training Programs
- Ability to participate in Teams, Committees, Events and Clubs
- Depending on the role you may be eligible to work in a hybrid environment or fully remotely
- Free Onsite Parking
Culture, People & Community
The OraSure family of companies recognizes that the long-term health of our business is directly connected to the health of the planet, local communities and OraSure employees. As such, we have committees designed to address this, including:
- LIVE IT Committee – committed to creating an environment that embodies our values
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council hosts various events across all company locations such as monthly book club and a mentorship program
- Wellness Committee empowers colleagues to make critical decisions to improve and protect health
- Sustainability Committee aims to minimize impact on the environment
- Social Committee who organize and run events for both remote and onsite employees, to create connection and community
At DNA Genotek, we have a clear vision; cultivate an environment of equal employment opportunity where we do not tolerate discrimination or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and record of offences (in employment), or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices.
The OraSure family of companies aims to create and foster workplaces that reflects and contributes to the global communities in which we do business and the customers and partners we serve. This includes all communities impacted by our corporate presence. As part of this commitment, OraSure and its subsidiaries will ensure employees and applicants are provided reasonable accommodation per request. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Lauren Wildfang at [email protected] The OraSure family of companies will consult with all applicants who request disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.