University of Toronto|University of Toronto
We have a vacancy of Academic Programs Advisor in our company, University of Toronto. This vacancy is based in Toronto ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Academic Programs Advisor
Company: University of Toronto
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto ON
URL Expiry: 2022-11-27
Posted on: teachingjobs.ca
Date Posted: 09/14/2022
Req ID: 27294
Faculty/Division: School of Continuing Studies
Department: Sch of Continuing Studies
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The English Language Program at the School of Continuing Studies has been providing innovative, effective, and learner-centered English Language Programming for approximately 50 years.
Our learners come from around the world and across Canada to study English to meet their academic, professional, and personal goals. The team at the English Language Program creates leading-edge programming to provide our learners with the best possible online, in-person, and hybrid language learning experiences. Our engaging experiential programming complements the in-class experience by providing opportunities for learners to use their language and interact with others outside of class.
We are a dynamic, team-based unit dedicated to excellence in program delivery and the overall student experience and welcome like-minded, energetic individuals seeking to contribute to the ongoing innovation in our programming.
As part of the academic team at the English Language Program, you will be integral to helping us develop and expand our program offerings so that they continuously reflect current trends and best practices in language teaching and learning.You will be joining a team which is creative, self-motivated, and collaborative in designing and delivering programming that meets the standards of the highest quality.
Under supervision of the Academic Director, you will be contributing to all aspects of our academic programming across the University campuses.
Standard hours scheduled within the English Language Program’s operating hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Occasional overtime on weekdays or weekends. Travel to other campuses required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing program improvements and maintenance of program standards
- Analyzing internal and external trends and recommending educational programming improvements to improve learning outcomes
- Planning components of English language programs and/or English language program course design
- Developing program materials that align with the curriculum and under potentially tight timelines
- Providing feedback to instructors on their teaching performance based on observation
- Facilitating educational workshops and professional development seminars on English language teaching and learning
- Advising students on program and/or course requirements by probing and providing a range of options and possible consequences
- Bachelor’s Degree and TESL certificate or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience per below in an adult English Language Program.
- Experience analyzing internal and external trends in English language education and recommending educational programming improvements for English Programs.
- Experience providing feedback to instructors on their teaching performance based on observation.
- Experience facilitating educational workshops and professional development seminars on English language teaching and learning.
- Experience implementing program improvements and maintenance of program standards.
- Experience planning components of English language programs and/or English language program design that is inclusive and reflective of EDI principles.
- Experience advising students on program and/or course requirements by probing and providing a range of options and possible consequences.
- Experience analyzing service delivery and/or internal processes and recommending improvements to improve learning outcomes.
- Excellent understanding of language assessment principles and facility in providing supportive feedback to English language instructors on assessment and feedback practices.
- Excellent understanding of teaching methodologies, curricular frameworks, and current research within the field of English language education.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and explain advanced English language structure and discourse.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite with use of the following applications: Word, Excel and other spreadsheet and database programs, and Power Point.
- A high degree of comfort with the SCS registration system, Destiny One, Quercus, or a comparable student information/registration system.
- Strong comfort level in working with new technologies and digital learning.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and project coordination skills.
- Must be comfortable with providing constructive feedback.
- Highly developed business acumen skills.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
09/22/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 13 – $76,284 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $97,556. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.