Pacston Technology Group Inc.
Academic Document Editors will be responsible for reviewing and editing legal documents for US immigration petitions. A legal background is not required, but experience efficiently and accurately summarizing complex information and/or scientific research is very helpful. A background in academic or technical researching and editing is also desirable.
Ideal applicants should be able to work at least 40 hours every week.
- Instruct clients to complete technical/legal documents and review forms
- Revise documents according to internal specifications and client feedback
- Reply to client messages in the case management system
- Ensure form quality and answer clients’ questions in a timely manner
- Overtime might be needed to respond to clients’ messages and finish clients’ projects on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of a variety of different scientific topics
- Ability to present complex research in clear, concise prose accessible to a wide audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Sick days
*There’ll also be a grammar test and a short writing test. Please note that there are time limits to both tests.
Pacston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action agency, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- writing: 1 year (preferred)
- Research: 1 year (preferred)
- editing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.