Bird Nason Careers
Bird Nason Contracting Group’s teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Bird Nason Contracting Group rewards innovation and creativity and promotes a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We provide a wide variety of training including job specific safety and leadership training for apprentices and journeypersons. We value trade experience and support opportunities to advance into other positions in the firm including estimating, project management, site management or safety. We offer competitive wages, proper tools and a comprehensive benefits plan provided through The Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC).
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Bird Nason Contracting Group team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
Bird Nason Contracting Group is currently seeking experienced 3rd, 4th year apprentices and Journeyman HVAC Technicians for work at Shell Scotford near Fort Saskatchewan, AB., for long term maintenance contract.
Bird Nason’s teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Nason rewards innovation and creativity while promoting a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Inspect, repair and installation of HVAC equipment including refrigeration.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspection of refrigeration units, isolated heating, and ventilation units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls including thermostat, motors, controls, compressors, heat exchanger, pressure controls and safety valves.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, brazing torch, vacuum pumps, meter and test equipment utilized in the trade. Maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition, maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Test and examine boiler operation, observing pressure gauges and temperatures.
- Best trade practices for leak testing, system repairs and system start-ups.
- Recover and recharge systems with refrigerant.
- Preferred experience in Building Automation and Pneumatic Control Systems.
- Registered journeyperson/ 3rd year app/4th year app, in the trade of refrigeration/air conditioning mechanic
- Experience at an industrial facility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work alone as well as in a team setting
- Clean shaven, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights, fall protection, work on elevated work platforms, confined space, half mask fit test, work in permit system
- Trade hand tools required, all power and cordless tools supplied
- LOTO and confined space scopes
- Work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours per day (7:30AM – 4:00PM) with OT available. Will be part of an on-call rotation approximately one week every 12 weeks
- WHMIS 2015
- CONFINED SPACE
- HRAI REFRIGERANT HANDLING CERTIFICATE
- A VALID CLASS 5 DRIVERS LICENSE IS REQUIRED, no GDLs.
- Safety training certificate renewals paid
- Service vehicle provided with gas card
- All PPE provided with work boot reimbursement plan
Competitive wages with RSP, pension and benefit plan through CLAC
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.