Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution, and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Regional Training Advisor. This is a contract position for seven (7) months located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The primary focus of the Regional Training Advisor role is the coordination and implementation of the Operations Training, Competency and Qualification Program in their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of training activities related to technical, safety, emergency response and environmental competencies. Collectively, the Field Operations training group supports the development and continual growth of a knowledgeable, skilled, team oriented workforce.
- Develop and execute an annual training plan which includes the management of a regional training budget and the scheduling/coordination of internal and external training for the region as appropriate.
- Facilitate training, awareness and engagement sessions as required to support the implementation and execution of training programs within the region.
- Onboard new hires and transfers to the field operations training program which includes set-up on, and introduction to, the learning management system; and Ensure that competencies and training mapped to field operation roles and/or individuals in the LMS are appropriate.
- Ensure current, accurate and complete training and qualification records for learners are
- maintained in the appropriate learning management system and that supporting evidence is stored as required.
- Provide oversight for the evaluation and assessment activities conducted by Field Assessors to: Reduce assessment bias; Improve standards; Evaluate program effectiveness; and Provide proof of competence and proficiency for all Field Operations staff performing safety critical and process safety tasks.
- Run learning management system reports to check training progress and provide updates to management as required.
- Manage Contract Service Agreements (CSAs) and Statements of Work (SOW) for Third- Party Learning Providers in accordance with the Contracts Policy; load contract records into the Contracts Management System; coordinate the issuance of Work Orders (WOs) and invoice processing.
- Provide support in the creation and improvement of outcome-based training and competency verification programs (i.e. coordinating SME reviews, and the completion of training needs assessments) as required.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with client group and other stakeholder and support groups.
- Review and share regional training practices with other Training Advisors to adopt best practices and provide a consistent approach to training.
- Support the development and execution of client and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of Operations Training Program documentation and guidance material.
- Support continual program improvement through peer reviews and the LP Management of Change (MOC) Process.
- Participate as required in the execution of comprehensive internal assessments, annual reviews, and compliance verification activities designed to validate that LP Technical Training and OQ processes are: being followed; aligned with department plans; in compliance with internal and external requirements; and effectively achieving their purpose.
- Participate on and/or provide support to internal committees (i.e. regional committees) as required.
- Foster a work environment that values continuous improvement, champions change, and encourages collaboration and team work.
- Support the development of training programs and materials that foster the culture of individual self-control required to form the foundation of a high performance organization.
- Bachelors Degree in related university degree
- 4+ years experience, or 8+ years of directly related field operations experience, or equivalent mix of formal education and experience
- Certificate in Adult or Continuing Education, other Professional Certifications or related skillset considered an asset
- Experience with the administration and use of learning management systems
- Able to solve problems by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignment
- Ability to work independently and manage their time, approach to problems, and work priorities
- Knowledge and experience in the coordination of management of change activities related to training programs
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of the plan, do, check, act process as it relates to management systems considered an asset
- Training and competency development experience considered an asset
- Broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to oversee a small team for project work
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience as a classroom facilitator is considered an asset
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Train the Trainer experience or qualification considered an asset
- Knowledgeable in oil/gas pipeline operations
- Technical background an asset
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.